Vehicle Voltron

voltron5

Here is the start of my new project, Vehicle Voltron. I will be modeling it from the knockoff toy that Getter1 was kind enough to let me borrow(thanks again G1) G1 will also be helping with me on this one as well. We decided to release them in teams.

First will be the land team consisting of 2 all terrain space vehicles(feet), 1 jet radar station(right forearm and hand), 1 rotating personnel carrier(left forearm and hand), and 1 armored equipment carrier(hips)

landteamrq5.jpg

Second will be Sea Team consisting of 2 space probes(upper legs), 2 multi wheeled explorers(lower legs), and 1 communications module(waist)

p5248844ts7.jpg

And last will be the Air Team consisting of 2 advanced recon helicopters(upper arms), 1 strato weapons module(upper body), 1 command jet explorer(head), and 1 fighter plane(chest shield)

airteam2wb1.jpg

here are some pics of what I have so far, I started with the all terrain vehicles first. As with the lion voltron this one will be transformable but one thing I can't decide on is wether to make the wheels roll or not. I'll leave this one to popular opinion, what do you guys think I wanna hear your opinions.

truck1zo5.jpg

truck12ry4.jpg

truck14rt0.jpg

truck13mm2.jpg

Getter1

That's a great start there V5 :D

For turning wheels how about making that an optional thing. I for one would perfer them locked but others may want them to turn so making an optional cut out (for an axel) and an axel shold do the trick ;)

Looking forward to seeing more.

G1

Mace

Looking Great V5!! I had the exact same toy when I was younger (Man I'm getting old :) )
I agree with Getter....the additional cut-out would be a perfect solution

voltron5

Hey guys, thanks for the comments so far. Land Team modeling is almost done, gotta finish up the armored module than will get the radar stations(forearms and fists)done. I designed the trucks to have rolling wheels if you want them, if not you can just not cut out the holes for the axle shafts and glue the tires on.

vehiclevoltronlandteamdi5.jpg

vehiclevoltronlandteam2mi2.jpg

vehiclevoltronlandteam3pf2.jpg

vehiclevoltronlandteam4mu3.jpg

voltron5

couple more pics, I hope to do the texturing in photoshop once done, I just used the color fill in sketchup to see how it will look.

vehiclevoltronlandteam6lu4.jpg

vehiclevoltronlandteam7yu9.jpg
vehiclevoltronlandteam5db8.jpg

rlc321

Gundam designer wannabe
wow man totally awsome was juts watching all the voltron epeisodes from lion to vehicle after you lion papercraft and now you spring this on us well done buddy. cant wait

voltron5

Land Team modeling done for the most part, just gotta add the wheels to one of the fists. Should have these unfolded and ready for beta builds in the next few days, then onto the Sea Team:twisted:

landteamdr0.jpg

vehiclevoltronlandteamyc6.jpg

vehiclevoltronlandteam3az0.jpg

vehiclevoltronlandteam5ug0.jpg

vehiclevoltronlandteam6ph4.jpg

voltron5

picture of them separated just for the heck of it:mrgreen:

Attachments

• vehicle voltron land team.jpg
    vehicle voltron land team.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 62

voltron5

How's it going? Well unfortunately I haven't had alot of spare time to work on this, I'm a stay at home dad right now and my 4 month old is teething so it makes for a pretty busy and stressful day:curse:. Lately I have only been able to work on this after the kids go to bed and the wife leaves for work at 5a.m. which means I have to get up early, so it only leaves me maybe 2 hours to work on this a night(if im lucky:cry:). I do have a few of them ready for test builds if anyone is interested.Also I'll just throw this out there, I would like to texture this one in Photoshop, but I have no experience so If anyone is interested in helping with this it would be great, I basically want this one more than just color filled like I did with Lion Voltron. If anyone is interested either post here or pm me. Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings.:mrgreen:

I give one a try But i'am not that fast due my job that sleep all day- work all night :( This would be the 3 beta. My frist was Airwolf took me longer due to the landing gear !! The second was Ren and that didn't go well :(
My printer died the next day So i was't able to print the part out i needed to finshed him

But i do my best !! Their won't be a printer problum this time ...its new !!

allhallowseve31@yahoo.com

Beta

Ok here the pic's

The parts are out just need to fold an edge i ran out time
Need to zzzzz !!

Hopeful i'll start glueing on Sunday

Oh Voltron5

The pic of the gold trim is hard to work with i almost tore it apart many time :(

That middle part really thin has you'll see

other then that no problum so far

Attachments

• DSCF0288.jpg
    DSCF0288.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCF0289.jpg
    DSCF0289.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCF0292.jpg
    DSCF0292.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 34

voltron5

Yeah sorry about the small parts, I noticed that when I was unfolding so I made an optional page for those parts, you should have that page I believe. What I did for the optional parts is duplicate the outer gold trim part a couple times so you can laminate it and then cut out that thin strip cutting off the tabs and use it to wrap on the top of the laminated parts. I'll attach a pic of the page. Can't wait to see these built up, I should have the other two models for the Land Team unfolded here in a few days.:wave:

Attachments

• body_002 optional parts (Small).jpg
    body_002 optional parts (Small).jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 53
Ok keeping on pace !! Here some pic's i before i start glueing

So far the hard parts are the wheel's the inner hubs are small i 'am doing that hold cut a Q-tip for the axsle to save time

No problum to report w/ the forarm yet

i'll post more pic's w/ the glue part sometime later to night before i leave for work :(

But i'am off Mon and Tues hopefull i have them both done !! So that Voltron5 can release them :) when he ready too ....

Attachments

• DSCF0293.jpg
    DSCF0293.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCF0294.jpg
    DSCF0294.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 27