Discussion in 'Tips, Tutorials & Tools' started by Darth_Nerdious, May 25, 2004.

1. Gil

Gil Active Member

You have to make up your own mind on this otherwise an argument will breakout between the shineys and the eggshell not shiney people...., you should read Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift for a refresher to the reason that the Lilliputians were at war with the Belfruscans...., it will put the above argument in fine working order.

Me? I like the matte finish. Looks most like regular paper coming out of the printer.

Best regards, Gil

P.S. Shiney airplanes are generally accompanied by a sign which reads "Do Not Touch the Airplane"..., Ever see a shiney airplane just back from a friendly chat with the enemy?
  2. Ajax

Ajax Member

I certainly wouldn't want to be the cause of that... Matte Finish it is then! :D

(Who has nothing against shiny people or not so shiny people ;) )
  3. Gils right in that aircraft tend to look better in Matte finishes but as to which performs better. Flip a coin. But Gloss coats should look great on bare aluminum (or aluminium for the guys in the UK/Oz or other parts of the Commonwealth) aircraft or even commercial birds
  4. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

Testor's Dull Cote

Testor's Dull Cote is a standby of the armor/aircraft/railway modellers in plastic. No reason that it shouldn't work just as well on paper! I've used Krylon 1311: Testor's seems to have a more finely-atomized spray that poses less risk of "puddling".
  5. rickstef

rickstef Guest

i have used DullCote on the Epson NSX i am working on, and on a Dodge WC-56 command car i built, and i love it

a light spray, and it will set the chalk or other colors and not smear any of it

very nice stuff, and a nice small can