Valley NTRAK's new mini rotary camera

Bill Pontin

"SMILE YOU ARE ON CANDID CAMERA"​
Just about finished with my "N" scale scratch build mini camera roatary snow plow. Will wait a day or so for the paint to completly dry and then give it a shot of dull coat. Might try the alcohol spray to further weather it. Then lastly, add the window glass.

Attachments

• MVC-013S.JPG
    MVC-013S.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 271

Bill Pontin

VNT - Valley NTrak, club started 1976. Had all I could do to use some old press on lettering I found in my scratch box.

Attachments

• MVC-009S.JPG
    MVC-009S.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 262

Bill Pontin

The proportions of the roatary are very exaggerated but it's size was dictated by the components of the camera.

Attachments

• MVC-016S.JPG
    MVC-016S.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 265

nitnop3

Cool - really neat!! Superb detail! Those mini-cams will certainly add an exciting new dimension to model railroading. Like the road name too.
Next question: is there a new module in the works to go along with the snow theme?

Marxed

WOW!!!!!!

i seen your pics of you starting to build this, and i didn't expect it to be this amasing!!!

awsome job!!!!

160Pennsy

Hey Bill...we've got a hopper & boxcar stuck on the yard lead over by Bristol, CT Tower :wave:.

aax.sized.jpg

aas.sized.jpg

Club members Art & Dale have driven over to the tower to get a better view and help shovel out from the latest blizard.

aau.sized.jpg

Can you have the shop foreman speed-up that dullcote & those windows, so that Valley N-TRAK can finally get their snowplow/ camera? :thumb:

aav.sized.jpg

I've been a lurker here for the past 8 months or so, but seeing club member Bill Pontin's latest craftsmanship posted here made me finally get off my stool and register. Having members in your club with the type of talent that Bill has, can really inspire and motivate you.:cool:

aaw.sized.jpg

I hope you all like my first contribution?

Paul O..Valley N-TRAK

Bill Pontin

Could not leave well enough alone. Had to decrease the height of the unit somehow. I was able to accomplish it by dropping the 9V battery down into the frame. So I made another complete unit, one this time with a tender. Still a little "Moosey" for "N" scale but it'll do.

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 71

Bill Pontin

few other pictures of "Da Beast"

Attachments

• MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 68
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 71
  • MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 67

shaygetz

Still the coolest thing...you can just imagine James West and Artimus Gordan dukin' it out with the villian who built this on an episode of "The Wild, Wild West". Too, too cool :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

spitfire

Very cool Bill! I'm just wondering - does the antenna have to be vertical? Maybe you could run it along the top or side of the unit to make it less noticable.

Can't wait to see videos! (hint hint).

Val

timwatson

Really nice work

Bill I have been checking out your posts and I have enjoyed your work. I really liked the goose and this is better in my opinion. Really great stuff. Thanks for the inspiration.

tim watson

Bill Pontin

Thank you all for the compliments, hope I have not broken the camera or a lead with all the multiple forcing it in and take outs during construction. Everything worked okay before I took it out to paint "Da Beast. Little suspense is good, will let it go until show time.
Val, on the antenna, yes I will probably try bending it down at a show and check various positions to see how it effects reception.

Dragon

Just a thought.....

Can you move the antenna?
It would be awesome to move it to the smokestack, then disguise it with some blackened cotton: a.k.a - SMOKE.
:)