Valley N Traks labor of love

belg

windows

Bill you and the guys did a fantastic job on models,I was wondering if you made your own window or were they Grandt line. I'm trying to put together a few scratch built structures and am looking for an inexpensive way nto make windows & doors.I've tried Shamus's idea about making them on the computer but was not happy with the results,probably my cheap printer.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks

Bill Pontin

Wow! your complements and praise has been overwhelming -thank you. The club has been following my post and they are greatly pleased with the reviews you fellow modelers have given. There are a lot of details that can only be seen when you view the project first hand. It was interesting and pleasing to hear an exclamation from some viewer, "wow look, some guy is trying to get a cow back up the river bank" or "did you see the kids playing on the river bank"? "Look at the street lights and the bike against the porch","there is a little dog, and there is another one", and on an on as each small detail was discovered. Yup, it was a very rewarding project.

"belg" on the window question, yes and no. There are a number of Grandt line windows and the rest were made from ordinary fiberglass window screening. The screening reads nicely as old fashioned windows. We cut out pieces and glued them to the inside of the walls, over each window opening. When you fill the openings of the screen with Testors clear window adhesive they come out great. The larger opening we did have to use some Grandt line windows. I cast all the factory walls from some old DPM parts that one of our club members had dug up. The window detail was already in the original parts and they cast into the mold nicely and subsequently into the cast wall segments.