Valkyrie - New Model (WIP)

cool_marxcat

cool_marxcat
Dec 14, 2012
Georgia, USA
Interesting

I will be the first to admit that I have a terrible track record with project stalls, but apparently my muse wants me to design one of these (for the moment anyway).

I looked over the kits available: Flarebaffled's is awesome, but without an interior or a UV map I don't want to build one. Patoroch's is good, but too boxy. I could try mucking with the models from one of the games, but it will come down to having to edit anyway, so why not just make my own?

So, here we go. I'm working off of drawings from the Imperial Armour book, as well as reference pics, so this may not be 100% to the model, but I personally don't care. I will be making it with high relief and raised details however. I have not decided if I will go the wlock route and make it UV friendly with actual maps and such, although I am horrible at hand-painting large models so I may, just for my own sanity.

valkyrie-001.jpg

valkyrie-002.jpg

valkyrie-003.jpg

valkyrie-004.jpg

valkyrie-005.jpg

It's pretty rough yet; it will have landing gear, gear bays and a full interior with positionable doors in addition to the aforementioned physical detailing.

Enjoy!
Tirick
Looking forward to see how this develops