Valencia buildings

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Dragos, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

2. Fantastic find, can't wait to build them all
  3. edi

edi Member

Thanks Dragos, great find:thumb:
  4. DHL

DHL Member

great find dragos:cool:
  5. Many, many thanks my friend,

6. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

Dragos, you are the cat's pajamas! (American slang for: you are the best!)
  7. And Dutch for...... "He Is The Best".

8. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

Modelbaubrasser, I see you are from the Netherlands. I was just discussing your area of the world because my students were asking about the meaning of "seawall."
  9. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

Thanks guys, but I just was lucky to discover the site :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  10. logicman

logicman Greybeard

Dragos: Thank you for that find.:thumb::thumb:

My paper modelling is on hold for a few days more. I'm still doing woodwork, and I found out the hard way that dropping a lump of wood on a half-finished model rather tends to finish it - quickly! :mrgreen:

modelbouwbrasser: I thought the Nederlands expression was 'katzenelenbogen' - or is that just about women? :mrgreen:
  11. Seawall

The meaning of "seawall" in Dutch is Dunes and Dikes along the Northsea. But Logicman have here a very good point. In WWII we have along the coast a lot of concrete bunkers ( i dont know the word in English) built for the germans and they are for defence the coast for any raid from the sea.

Gr, Arie.
  12. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

I believe concrete emplacements would be the word. However, I understood exactly what you meant with the word bunker. I imagine the guns were removed long ago.

I have never visited the Netherlands; is the beer good?