V2 build thread

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Cut 'n' Paste, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Cut 'n' Paste

Cut 'n' Paste Ex-pat

That looks fine, Nando. Just needs a little colouring of the card edges. Looks like you got a better fit of the servo mountings than I did, so well done!

2. Cut 'n' Paste

Cut 'n' Paste Ex-pat

V2 addendum

Please note - I am embarrased to have said Nando's model needs colouring on the card edges, when I notice that on the pic of my model's rear end, I had yet to do this. Careful observation of the pics of the full model on the table will show that I now HAVE done so!

3. Nando

Nando Designer Extraordinaire

I agree

I agree with you about colouring the edges, now I'm colouring the edges, as You can see at this thread , but more then two years ago I didn't, I wasn't so expert: therefore i'd like to re-build this model.

Thanks, Nando
  4. Nice clean build. I have found that using matt board for formers works best. it is also laminated so you can simply peal off layers to get the right thickness you need. that way you can just edge glue it in place rather than use the jig process. It cuts easily with a sharp knife and it is relatively cheap at your local framing store. In fact you can get scraps for nothing if you simply ask them. it is very handy, acid free and is easily formes to shape.

I simply glue my pattern on the top and go from there. The edges sand very smooth if they have to be exposed. Just a suggestion as you pointed out how hard the formers were on the fins. I also use them for body formers as well. it is much better than cutting numerous thins ones and laminating them together to finally achieve the useable thickness.

Anyway you did a fine job and I look forward to more of your work.

5. Cut 'n' Paste

Cut 'n' Paste Ex-pat

Matt board for formers

Yeah. Brill. I did that basically but I did not explain the process as well as you have here. This is such a good idea. Perhaps we should start up a new section for "build techniques" in which we post hints and tips like this.

Thanks again.

6. We have one called "Tips and Techniques" but nobody hardly goes there. So i quit posting my ideas there. I find I reach the targeted builders by posting them right in the individual threads.