V.i.n.cent - The Black Hole - Building Thread

starbuck

Hi together,

long long ago a saw the Disney movie "The Black Hole". It is not the best SF movie, but it is ok, and even more
there is an interesting ship and 3 robots worth having a look.

I searched for all of them, but I only could find the small robot callt V.i.n.cent. Would like to have also the big one, called Maximilian and the other (damaged) one - witch name I do not remember. If anybody knows where to get - please give me the info.
----
Let´s start: It looks like beeing an easy build - only few parts and no instruction. I think with the reference photos it should be possible to build.

Here we go:

Attachments

• IMG_0403.JPG
    IMG_0403.JPG
    1,023.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0404.JPG
    IMG_0404.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0408.JPG
    IMG_0408.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0409.JPG
    IMG_0409.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:

blake7

It is the same one. I checked out the link you gave. The one I have didn't come with instructions, so I will be following your build closely. Good Luck Starbuck!

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Starbuck,

The Black Hole - yeah I remember seeing that as a kid in the theaters.
I liked the big ship the USS Cygnus and the sentry robots - their guns looked really neat!

Sentry robots with Vincent
th

Sentry robots
th

th

th

Maximillian
th
th

Nice trip down memory lane. Thanks for the memory jog.

Sky Seeker

starbuck

Starbuck,

The Black Hole - yeah I remember seeing that as a kid in the theaters.
I liked the big ship the USS Cygnus and the sentry robots - their guns looked really neat!

Sentry robots with Vincent
th

Sentry robots
th

th

th

Maximillian
th
th

Nice trip down memory lane. Thanks for the memory jog.

Sky Seeker
I also like the guns - Looks like the new ones used in the movie "Guardians of the Galaxy".
http://static2.hypable.com/wp-conte...ardians-of-the-galaxy-star-lord-poster-hd.jpg

I am working on a very detailed model of Vincent and Max in 1:6 scale; Bob may follow, too. So far Vincent is ready for unfolding (not articulated), Max (articulated) still needs some work. :)

View attachment 146567
Another open Project? Wow!! Really looking good.

starbuck

So, added my first pics again - now it worked.

Next parts and finalization - missing the ends of the legs - gonna be styropor balls. Don´t have them at home.

To the model:
I recommend to start it from the legs and go up to the head - it might be more easy to find parts together.
Maybe I did something wrong, but not all parts fit together perfectly - I had to cut some edges.
Use stable paper - I would recommend 250gr paper as you can see the other one 160gr got some folds
which I could not avoid during assembling.
The lowest part is not equal - which also caused problems by assembling

As I am not fine with the result (basically on my part of it not of the model), I will start a new one with thicker paper
and starting from the bottom up.

Attachments

• IMG_0410.JPG
    IMG_0410.JPG
    1,019.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0411.JPG
    IMG_0411.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0413.JPG
    IMG_0413.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 14

blake7

Starbuck I think you did a GREAT job on it considering all the issues you faced; fit issues, didn't know paper weight, and it probably didn't come with instructions like mine didn't. I know if you build it again it will be perfect like the other models I have seen you do. If you do build it again you can beat this one up and call it "Old BoB".;):)

Lee Clifton

Wisdom and Kindness, A Zealot Sage
I am working on a very detailed model of Vincent and Max in 1:6 scale; Bob may follow, too. So far Vincent is ready for unfolding (not articulated), Max (articulated) still needs some work. :)

View attachment 146567
Looks nice Revell-Fan. Didn't I see a post "some where" that someone was working on Number 5 from Short Circuit and Twiki from Buck Rogers in the 25th Century?

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Lee Clifton : Number 5 - confirmed; the project is still in the works and jugding from what I have already seen it looks awesome.
Twiki: unsure. I haven't spoken to the member who wanted to tackle him for quite some time. I guess life interfered with his plans (sigh)... So ... count me in on that if he quits (but not now; I still have to launch a Viper first ;) ). My next figure will be Vincent (definitely); it is ready for unfolding and texturing. :)

DanBKing

Dan the Man
@starbuck With the short amount of experience that I have in modelling with paper/card, I have found that when attaching a conical shape to a ring shape, (like most of your model,) that it really helps if you can find, or make, a former that keeps the ring perfectly round while gluing the conical part. Because, if the ring or the cone, are not truly round, it throws the whole final shape out of alignment.
One of my biggest aids in attaching rings and cones together is the trusty circle template. You can see many examples of the use of the circle template within my "Discovery" build......;)

A small 'tip' that has helped me immensely. I hope it will help you too.... :D

blake7

I wish A. Hanstien would have included the stand in his model. I like how it looks with the model. If he included it it wasn't in the version I have.

Lee Clifton

Wisdom and Kindness, A Zealot Sage
@Lee Clifton : Number 5 - confirmed; the project is still in the works and jugding from what I have already seen it looks awesome.
Twiki: unsure. I haven't spoken to the member who wanted to tackle him for quite some time. I guess life interfered with his plans (sigh)... So ... count me in on that if he quits (but not now; I still have to launch a Viper first ;) ). My next figure will be Vincent (definitely); it is ready for unfolding and texturing. :)
COOL! I'm up for building any of the robots. I wish we had a detailed B9 Robot from Lost in Space. I've never been able to find one that looks very good. They are all kind of cubie looking. I'd like to create a shadowbox to hang on my wall that looks like a SCIFI robot museum. The Vipers are great too. I love all the models to the original Battlestar Galactica.