V.I.N.C.E.N.T from The Black Hole

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by jdmozaffari, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Well, you start with a title like "The Black Hole", not too good. If you saw a movie called "The Tub drain", you might be , "hesitant', or, "the toilet flushes", "the wind doesn't blow, it sucks"., these are not good omens. They called it, A beautiful women stuck in Space with 4 guys who we completely unaware", a coming of age story. They could have done more with what they had. It wasn't that bad, actually, the last time I saw it, at the insistence of my 11 year old, I started cheering for the robot Max. I could understand why he was so pissed off. :)

this of course is just in fun, "The Black Hole" can be credited with trying to keep Science Fiction afloat, that has to count for something.
  2. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

Funny you should say "keeping science fiction afloat" I remember an reading something a long time ago atalking about how Disney put the U.S.S. Cygnus in a pool to do the zero gee effects for the space shots.
  3. jdmozaffari

jdmozaffari New Member

Yeh, it was a real stinker. But hey, it was Disney's first attempt at a PG film. I remember when I saw it, I had to work really hard to keep my suspension of disbelief intact (a struggle that I lost badly by the way). Imagine what that movie could have been if done with a better, harder edged script, better acting, and better effects.
  4. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

The robots were still cool and entertaining.
  5. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I watched it with my son when he was 6, it was "too much", and we had to just skip to parts that had the robots. Skip to 10 years old, nope, he just could not stand it, but sat threw it, because of his true love for Sci-Fi, he liked all the Spaceships, Robots, and likes goofing on movies!!
  6. Ron Caudillo

Ron Caudillo Creative Advisory Consultant Moderator

Sure was

I agree, the movies was a bit hokey, but the robots were cool indeed!

Best Regards,
    Ron Caudillo
    PM me for my e-mail address
  7. jdmozaffari

jdmozaffari New Member

VINCENT inspired model

Ok, so I was checking out an old LiSTOS episode where Robot gets his bottom half stolen and has to float around for part of the episode. It got me thinking (which is always dangerous). So, I decided to give designing a robot of my own. It is clearly inspired by the LiSTOS Robot and VINCENT. Let me know what you think.