uss voyager

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Nothing, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

well i did the yaer of hell textures. i was thinking about the armored one. the size is 8x17x43 cm.

i appreciate the good comments. every once in a while i pull a good one out of my.........well you get the idea.
  2. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

Cool, that would make it in the neighborhood of 130% the size of Chippy's, its right at 30cm long!

(of course I'm one who always likes em bigger! I wouldnt mind a 3 footer! lol

keep up the good work, it looks great so far!
  3. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

found some armoured textures will be sending of for upload.
  4. OylPslyk

btw, 43x17x8 is in the neighborhood of 1:750 scale (by my figures)

at least on average it comes out to 1:750...
    my database has the LxWxH at 344.95m x 128.95m x 74.45m full size
    matching to length alone it makes the scale 1:800
  5. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Looking AWESOME!

And as far as Enterprise goes...

Good idea,
    Poor execution.

'Nuff said.
  6. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

started on the bottom primary hull.

voyager 001.jpg
  7. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Man, you're really knocking that one out. Looks great.:thumb:
  8. NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005 Member

do you have instructions for this model?
  9. OylPslyk

You know, I'll bet you could get one of the "mini model" guys to do the Aeroshuttle tiny enuff to fit in there for you!?!
  10. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i was just thinking about that while i was working on it.

sorry no instructions. you should be able to figure it out. the parts are layed out mostly in order. you can look through this build thread and if you still have a problem you can ask me. im no good at instructions and i have a big time constraint right now. with the holidays and and my kids. its going together real smoothly so you shouldnt have to much of problems.
  11. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

almost ready to finish the primary hull

voyager 001.jpg
  12. Jaybats

Jaybats Member

hey, that's looking really great! :thumb:
  13. Promethius

Promethius New Member

Just started looking into Card Modeling. Been modeling Plastic since I was 8yrs (Like most model makers start out sign1 ), which was 32yrs ago. Amazing what can be done with the right materials. I am mostly from the 3D computer graphics Modeling side of things.

I am really impressed with this Voyager. Wonderful details. Keep up the wonderful work. :thumb:
  14. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

thanks promethius. and welcome to the site.scince my kids came along ive had to put my plastic and resin hobby on hold. ive found i great outlet with card and continue to be amazed at what can be done with it.
  15. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Lookin' Great buddy. Wish I could build as well as you do. ;)
  16. Promethius

Promethius New Member

I too have kids (three daughters), so I know what you mean. From looking at the images. How do you get the details with the bevels, which I mean the indented areas (crevices)? In the 3D/game world, bump maps are used to make that kind of detailed effects. If I were to assume, you are using some cardboard type which can be scribed easily?
  17. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Nothing, you're model really looks clean and sharp. Nice work.
  18. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Really awesome model, I just downloaded the Year of the Hell version and it is great too!!
  19. Promethius

Promethius New Member

IF you are the one who provide the Card models of Mechwarriors. I just have to compliment you on providing the community for the wonderful Mechwarrior files in Pepakura format. Almost done with the ShadowCat.

just had to mention that. Now back to the Voyager....:cool:
  20. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Yeah, it's me, I prefer to release my models at the original Pepakura format where they were unfolded, so if one wants to change the way that I unfold the model (not everyone agrees with my design choices ;) ), or change the texture, or upscale or downscale it, the PDO will make it possible.

Now, back to the Year of the Hell Voyager, it seems to be very complex to build, I'm following the building tutorial, I hope I can find some time to build this one too.