USS Sulaco / Aliens

GHOST222

Dec 11, 2009
I observing this model for a long time. Must say this is the love detailed papercraft I had ever seen. Its interesting to see the prozessing of this model step by step. I hope it´s done til the time he want to finish this model in AUGUST 2010. I have some idears with this model: for example give this model some lightning vor the boosters or something like that. And a little bit fine tuning in detail by myself ;).

Keep up this instand working on this great model Alien99, this is an awsome projekt and I can´t wait to build it by myself.

PS: Excuse my bad english gramma, my german is better ;).

Alien99

Papercraft Member
Dec 28, 2007
Czech Rep.
aliens.humlak.cz
GHOST222: ..U can make the Alien 3 version with lighthening antennas:thumb:

I will make some spot led - light for my display only:cool:

martinj8 : WoW ..fanclub :eek: .....U can create one on facebook..:mrgreen:

And here is today update:

some minor things are done on the railgun:twisted:

progress125.jpg

And the main engine tube is created...what a tower :eek:

progress126.jpg

more soon..I hope :wave:

GHOST222

Dec 11, 2009
Well the antennas lightning is an good idear. And the Engine boosters with lightning like the lights of the "space ship yamamoto" special edition model, with auto dimming lights ( low lightning too high lightning). I have seen the original USS Sulaco model on a modeller fair in Dortmund/ Germany. Was a very little version in plastic. I have one question Alien99: can I use tinker cardboard for this model or is it too big for it? Want to build it in more steady states. I Asking because I think the electrics I want to put in the model can be to heavy for the model. I´m not sure to use battery operation or power suply unit for the energy to light it up. I know, to much thoughts about an model which is under construction ;).

Alien99

Papercraft Member
Dec 28, 2007
Czech Rep.
aliens.humlak.cz
GHOST222: The model can be from light weighted paper of course..why not....and u can make it smaller.:thumb:...The electric circuits including led lights are really light for this aplication....Tha last thing you can make is , the electric power supply and whole controls make outside the model.:cool:. In that case there will be only few led´s and some wires in the model.:rolleyes:

New updatesannounce1

progress127.jpg

Engine section with addons...the side consoles.

progress128.jpg

another view...without hand:mrgreen:

progress129.jpg

size comparation with other parts

progress130.jpg

and...front view....the place where the reactor and cooling will be glued...someday :mrgreen:

GHOST222

Dec 11, 2009
Thanks for the tips Alien99, can´t wait to build this huge thing ;). But i don´t know where I Place this awsome big model in my Livingroom. On the ceiling with transparent ropes or on the wall over the couch or on the cupboard with the display.
Think I see it when the model is done and I can balance out the optik to decide where I place it.

melvin008

Dec 14, 2007
Middle of Nowhere
Wow Alien99, very interested in building this baby once your done. I loved the endo rifle model you did. Deffinetely going to try and light the Sulaco i think. Keep up the good work.

fury101

Aug 5, 2007
what a gorgeous thing :) Jan as always a beautiful model beautifully executed :) Looking forward to updates

firebat

Jan 1, 2010
guadalajara mexico
si de hecho en su pagina se puede ver que ya actualizo los botones de los modelos y ha incluido este grandioso modelo.

sigue asi jan méxico te apoya :thumb:

saludos