USS Sulaco / Aliens

Elliott

Jul 18, 2006
Marvelous work Jan! Thank you for returning and continuing this thread. It's great to see a master at work here again.

@Skip!! Great to see your face around here! How the heck have you been?? What are you up to nowadays?

kcpstudio

Oct 23, 2006
www.kenneyscustomprops.com
wow

Hi Jan,
Beautiful... just beautiful....

BUT Jan, I only have a two beadroom apartmentsign1 Where the hell am I going to put this?

Again, GREAT work! Can't wait to move my kid from his room to the couch so I can make room for this.

Kenney

kcpstudio

Oct 23, 2006
www.kenneyscustomprops.com
Oh Mannnn

Oh Mannnnnnn.... Jan, you shouldn't have told me I can down scale this..... I really wanted to throw his butt out and take his room for my new den complete with your 20 foot Sulaco.

Just kidding.... I'm going to keep it in full size. I was just teasing about how big this thing is.

I also wanted to thank you for the other alien models you have offered up. I have been building your models for years and I love the attention you give it one you design.

With all that said.... I really would love to see you go back to the larger dropship. I was so looking forward to that one. The cockpit was awesome!

Kenney

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Thanks. :) I'm mostly into props and costuming these days but keep an eye on this place from time to time. This thread of Jans is just too tasty to overlook. :)

Tirick

Oct 5, 2009
Ontario, CA
tcfgaming.com
I am very much looking forward to the release of this one; I might scale it down a little, but part of the charm is the incredible detail put into something so bloody big!

I must concur with kcpstudio though, I'd love to see you eventually complete the 1:24 dropship (although I'd likely rescale it to 1:48 as I did your APC).

papaace

Jun 25, 2009
Good Work

Your doing great work! hey just say its a new futuristic mail box (lots of flags!) sign1. Really your doing great work!:thumb:

oriod01

Nov 16, 2009
Waiting with bated breath...

To all of you out there twitching with eager (and pained) anticipation for this one... I must remind you that first this is a massive undertaking, the most massive in papercraft history (not just in terms of the size of the model, it is a lot of work). Also unlike a lot of creators out there (no offense), but Jan does not abandon a project like this out of bordom (still wondering about a certain Star Destroyer from another modeler). He is committed to completing it, and has given himself a deadline of August 2010. Don't forget it will be (as most are) FREE. The incredible amount of hard work (effort and time) directed into making something like this absolutely perfect and then giving it away for free COMMANDS patience. As much as I am salivating for this one, I'm also not in a big rush to see this one released, because after this one I don't think anything else will ever impress me again. The bar will be raised beyond the reach or commitment level of most creators. Jan I bow before you.:yinyang1:

Kjev

Dec 15, 2006
South Eastern Idaho
I am thoroughly enjoying watching this being completed. I have several of Jan's models, and like the old adage goes, you can't rush perfection. I am perfectly happy and willing to wait.

AWESOME WORK JAN!

Koshzor

Feb 15, 2010
Is there any place other than rapidshare.com, where i can download dropship from this thread? Don't have paid account there. :(

jakub08

Jun 7, 2009
Great work Jan.

To Koshzor
Give me that address and your e-mail address and I will send that to you

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
That file shouldn't even be on Rapidshare unless Jan gave permission. You can get his models from his website.

Kjev

Dec 15, 2006
South Eastern Idaho
You should be able to download from rapidshare for free, if you jump through a few ads and waiting periods first. But like was mentioned previously, go directly to Jan's site. That way you know you're getting the real deal.

Elliott

Jul 18, 2006
No problem. As it's so far back in the thread, my first reaction was the same as yours. In this particular case no harm no foul for all. Thanks Skip.