USS Sulaco / Aliens

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Alien99, Feb 1, 2009.

1. BradAmeerBeg

BradAmeerBeg Member

ok, so there is one on each side then?
  2. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

There 'should be' one on both sides. Notice that the star scaring is inside a circular object and not on a random plate.
  3. BradAmeerBeg

BradAmeerBeg Member

I like to eat all the food....
  4. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Unless of course it's firing parallel to the hull. You could say it's a pop-out thruster for combat maneuvers which rotates to fire in multiple directions and which pulls in for noncom duties. Such a thruster would scar the hull paint in that pattern while at the same time not appear as a thruster as we know it (like the Sulaco's engine system) and it would also run hot, so the top disc would be burnt as well. The top part could also pop open to direct the thrust 90 deg. perpendicular to the hull for side-to-side maneuvering.

And as you say, it's sci-fi. *We* get to make up our OWN logic! :cool::twisted:
  5. Louis R

Louis R Member

This will be a Behemoth of a Paper Model when completed. Great progress Jan!
  6. Alien99

Alien99 Papercraft Member

I think that the black point on the side is some sort of rocket silo or so...:mrgreen: is a small new progress:thumb:

front part of the upper structure is done....the front of the ship is now prepared for antenna array:twisted:

direct side view:rolleyes:

zoom of the new part...the white places represents the antenna array base:twisted:

upside down...

and back detail...:p

more soon...:wave:
  7. Dunkel

Dunkel New Member

Really beautiful !
  8. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

This looks to be coming along quite nicely Jan.

9. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

I agree, quite nicely! I can't wait to see it completed, and then I may download and print my own copy to build up. :mrgreen:

Every time I look at the incredible panel work on this beast, I am floored! You really captured the 'feel' of Aliens with the texture on this ship. :thumb:
  10. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Absolutely! The texturing is amazing!
  11. BradAmeerBeg

BradAmeerBeg Member

There, ya go, it's not a thruster, ftl and we still use thrusters? Rocket launcher works for me.
  12. D-WHALE

D-WHALE Utopia Planitia Engineer

Hi Jan!
    Amazig work :thumb: but where is the Dropship :mrgreen: No, just a joke!

Can you say, how many sites the model has up to now and how many it will have?

13. Alien99

Alien99 Papercraft Member

I am on 46 pages in this point.:eek:

If this number represents 23% of the whole model ,then the final papercraft will have 200 pages of A4 ...or so...:eek::eek::eek:.

IF this is not suitable for u, then u can make model in 75% of MY scale.
    Its easy...put 2 sheets on one this:

14. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Will it be released as a single unit or in sections?

John John
  15. TonyG2

TonyG2 Member

16. SJPONeill

SJPONeill Guest

So do I however when I last stocked up on the UHU tube glue, I also got a bottle of UHU glue which it turns out is different in that it is 'solvent-free' and does cause warping when drying on larger it may pay to watch your UHUs...
  17. D-WHALE

D-WHALE Utopia Planitia Engineer

18. Nosports

Nosports Member

So we better plant some trees while building this monster - just in case your sibiling wouldn't kill us ;-)
  19. Bigtiime

Bigtiime Member

I bought a second printer for this bad boy! :)
  20. I`m working in the printing business, and at the moment I`m very, very happy that I have free access to a Xerox Docucolor 250 digital offset printing press... :mrgreen: