USS Sulaco / Aliens

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Alien99, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Alien99

Alien99 Papercraft Member

EXCELLENT WORK THAT´s beyond my limits..:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    .....really nice baby APC.:twisted:
    (I have fat fingers and I´m not using the tweezers)....:p

I´ve printed some new parts, so I have work for a week guaranted.:rolleyes:

its a main body and bottom cover plates...

...more pics soon....if there will be more time...:curse:
  2. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I'm patient.
  3. luciencarroll

luciencarroll Grand Poobah

jaybats is nice and all but if jan made one you could blow it up to 1:1 and live in it and there would be a 302 parked in the hanger waiting for a joy ride. his skill lvl is just unmatched... when i die i think i want to be buried in one of jans sulaco's
  4. Alien99

some new progress :thumb:
    ..the right bottom cover plate is fiished......the left is still waiting :mrgreen:

5. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

Wow, Jan. This is going to be very beautiful. Excellent texture work. You really have captured the look well.
  6. davitch

davitch Member

Yeah, that would be nice.
  7. kingofprd

kingofprd Member

8. Alien99

really lots of nice dropships here :thumb:

Im continuing in my building...the left botton cover plate is finished....making the front main body cubes :mrgreen: is the progress...enjoy:twisted:

9. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Oh my ghid, Jan; I am in high anticipation of this release! At 1.7 meters, it's just the size I wanted. Take that, Halcyon 1:1700 scale pencil-eraser! sign1

I think I shall have to try building that tiny dropship some time, and see if I can do it like Paladin did with his build. Yeah, I'm a glutton for punishment. :roll:
  10. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

Wow. this gets better and better. Any chance you will be releasing this kit in sections, making it a bit easier to chew? I imagine the whole thing at once will be a bit too much foe many to cope with.
  11. BradAmeerBeg

BradAmeerBeg Member

I agree with Mousemuffins! Released in sections would be the way to go for beginnners like myself:thumb:
  12. luciencarroll

no its better if he finish's first so he can spot any build problems if it goes out in parts a recall could upset everyone who started building. just my thoughts
  13. luciencarroll

not that i don't want to start building right now
  14. Alien99

There will be sections of building in the model...I call it PART GROUPS.
    Every part group has its own building plan and limited amount of parts.

One part group is two side plates with logo....another is bottom cover plates ....another is main body cubes..there will be lots of small groups in the model...:mrgreen:

Two groups are finished (those four cover plates)...Today Im completing the main body cubes ,but U know...nobody is error-free:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:.
    ...Ive done a little texture is small , but has major word in the lool
    of the finished part.wall1
    .....countinuing in the work of main body cubes group part.:thumb:
  15. Alien99

Alien99 Papercraft Member proof of my words....the building plan of old known logo side plates part group:mrgreen:

and latest progress....:wave:

16. luciencarroll

17. My god...

with the "position of part group" plan I began to realize how big this model REALLY is.

I guess too big for my hobbyroom.

Mh... mabye I`ll scale it down a bit, to 1:600 or so? That would still be 1,22 meter. 71,7% of the original model size.

Jan, do you think this is doable? I mean: Will the small parts of the model be big enough to be build in 1:600 also?

Otherwise... showing such a huuuuge and wonderful model on a modeling show will d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y be a show-stopper... :mrgreen:

Mh... Jan, will the model be constructed in a way that it can be seperated to be transported?

Otherwise I`ll not even be able to get it out of my hobbyroom (under the attic). :eek:
  18. SJPONeill

SJPONeill Guest

Just tell your significant other that you paid an exhorbitant price for some modern art and hang it on the lounge wall!!
  19. Nosports

Nosports Member

Just crazy......

But i would start from the inner backbone just to be sure that it would hold structural together.

keep in mind, this is a space-vessel, not something which is to be griped by blanc gravity
  20. Ziga

Ziga Member

Jan, you are crazy, but I love crazy people ;) Keep up the great work!