USS Stargazer NCC-2893

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by cdwheatley, Jun 14, 2009.

1. cdwheatley

cdwheatley Member

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you my latest creation - the Constellation class USS Stargazer NCC-2893, Captain Picard's command prior to the Enterprise 'D':-

I have to say that the designer, Martin Sänger, has done a really superb job with this model. Unlike a few of my previous builds, this went together absolutely beautifully and everything fits perfectly - right down to the display stand :D.

This is my first Trek model in the common 1/1700 scale, and I must admit that I'm quite liking it so far :D. For this and similar types of starship it builds into a nicely sized model - not too big but not too small either. I thought it would be quite fiddly to put together but it proved not to be. I know it's not entirely accurate but I'm really pleased with this model and how it turned out, and also with with how cleanly I was able to build it too (definitely one of my best), especially the saucer section which went together using just the tabs supplied. For that reason alone it goes towards the top of the list of my most favourite models!

I have my eye on a 1/1700 scale version of Paragon's ST:XI Enterprise next, or possibly even a Klingon ship (D7?) - who knows?sign1

ARMORMAN Guest

Well done!
  3. peter taft

peter taft Guest

Stunning very clean build :thumb: Just like your avatar :twisted:
  4. sidewinder81777

sidewinder81777 Midnight Modeler

Beautiful build! My next project is a 1:1700 stargazer also but i'm doing Zosho's model. I just did the registry and such in photoshop.
  5. mchale

mchale beach boy

vely vely nice, i take my hat off to you . and if i could i would give you pat on the back, mone sherry i bid you a found farewell for now .
  6. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Very nice build-up! Would that be (IIRC) Marco's Stargazer?
  7. jacberk

jacberk Old Fart - New Member

Excellent and inspiring build! BTW great photos too.:thumb:

8. THE DC

THE DC Member

Very nice!

Great work and nice pics!

Do you have a build thread?

The DC