USS Selfridge from Gremir

Discussion in 'Ship & Watercraft Models' started by Padre, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Padre

Padre Guest

As I said before, I am not good as build threads cause I start and get compulsive and forget pictures. Here is my build of the USS Selfridge from GreMIr. A good model that appears to be going together well (so far).
    Building the hull. i could not stretch the hull so i had to add a small strip to make ends meet.

Attached Files:

2. Padre

Padre Guest

Building the deck and superstructure. Also adding railings using stright pins (snip the heads off) and 32 gauge wire.

Attached Files:

3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Cool build Padre!:thumb:

I love the railings......... each one is an individual pin? Wow!

4. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

It seems an easy built, would you say that?
  5. Padre

Padre Guest

It seems an easy built, would you say that?
    - Gerardo
    Visit my blog on my Paper Works

6. Teamski

Teamski Member

Nice job! Looking forward to the masting. Nice to see another USAF member building ships! ;)

7. Clashster

Clashster Member

Another nice build, Padre! I like the railings - think I will keep that in mind when I get around to building one of my ships! I hear you about build threads! My problem is that it takes me a decade or so to complete something...

8. Padre

Padre Guest

I use the pins to punch spaced holes in the deck, push it down for a good grip, use super glue carefully and then wrap the wire around each one. After stringing the railings I space them and then, again carefully, use super glue. Then you can paint them or use the metallic sharpie which works well.
  9. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Hi, Padre!

I don't know about not being good at build threads, this one is really good from where I'm sitting! One thing is sure, you are very good at building models...this build is excellent! I, too, love the way the railings are turning out. Very nice trick using pins for the stanchions. You used wire for the railings? They look very realistic and came out great!

Keep at it, mate...she's beautiful!!

10. Padre

Padre Guest

Finishing up the armament, going to work on the bollards and deck fixtures and then the ship's boats. Will then finish the masts
    Tried to load pictures but having problems with doing so.??
  11. Padre

Padre Guest

Still can't upload files.
  12. rickstef

rickstef Guest

and we are still working on that issue, it seems to be a site wide problem
  13. Padre

Padre Guest

Finished the USS Selfridge DD357 from GreMir. Very good simple build. Looks good next to my first build, USS Arizona from DN. Also adds to my fleet buildup.:thumb: Going to be an Admiral somedaysign1

Attached Files:

14. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

That is a mighty impressive fleet you have there Admiral Padre!

Beautiful, every single one!

15. Gregory Shoda

Gregory Shoda Member

Nice work. Very nice fleet. As you have a battleship, two destroyers, and a minesweeper, I think that makes you an admiral. Odd to have a Padre as an admiral, however.
  16. barry

barry Active Member

Real nice build
  17. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Well, with such a nice little task force, you should be considered at least a Commodore at this point, Padre!:mrgreen:

Quite an outstanding job on this ship, and a wonderful addition to the growing fleet!

Thanks for sharing photos of your build!