USS Saratoga and more

Discussion in 'Kit Announcements' started by lighthouse, Oct 11, 2004.

1. lighthouse

lighthouse Member

We have just received the new Aircraft Carrier from GPM with over 7000 parts.
    The Northrop Black Bullet from Orlik
    The revised, new printed of the Cutty Sark by Maly Modelarz
    The Nuclear Powerplant designed by Thomas Pleiner
    and the St. Paulus Cathedral as well
    and many more at Subscribe to our Mailinglist today if you would like to receive the new Newsletter coming out tomorrow. Note also our new free shipping policy.
  2. Gil

Gil Active Member

The Saratoga looks stunning!

Best regards, Gil
  3. robson

robson Member

Yeah, price is kind of high...
  4. lighthouse

lighthouse Member

Price of Saratoga

Keep in mind the kit alone weighs more than 1 kg. The model sells at Moduni for Euro 59.99 instead of our price CDN $ 57.99
  5. cygielski

cygielski Member

Judging by the Polish price, and the shipping costs that must be involved, that is not such a high mark-up, I must say. Many Polish modelers were shocked at the price when the kit came out.
  6. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi all

This little baby just hit the door mat from lighthouse :D :D

I have not had time to go through the whole kit yet, but at the first look this has got to be the best carrier kit I have ever seen. So far not one print error, the graphic's and weathering look great. It even has three pages of just planes to build to put on deck :shock:

As for the price, when you convert the Can$ funny money into real cash it not expensive at all.

I will do a full kit write up as soon as I can.

Ralf, thanks mate all got here great and fast for CN snail mail.
    I had it sent by snail mail to see how long it would take, not bad at all

More when I do the write up

7. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

I think I will keep that one as a retiremnt package...
    Probably by then my fingers will be too numb...

John John
  8. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

This explains why you been working on all these airplanes lately! :D

Good Luck with the build, and I am looking forward to the thread. I always learn something new from them.

Thanks Rob
  9. mapuc

mapuc Member

When I click on lighthouse homepage I only get a page under construction

10. Gil

Gil Active Member

11. mapuc

mapuc Member

Ohhh :oops:

12. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

I read in one of the email posts that HMV was coming out with an Enterprise model...does anyone have any information about it? I couldn't find anything on the web but I could be doing something wrong in my search. Probably another waterline kit.

13. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Jim

I was told the same and I have not been able to find anything either :?

Another thing stop coming out with those nasty negative waves, WATER LINE KIT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :lol: :lol:
    I hope not
    Ive been looking for drawing for the hull on the other one, and thats doing my head in :cry:

Lets us know mate if you find anything as a little ship would be a nice addition

14. Jim Krauzlis

Hi, Rob! :D

Sorry, mate...gotta call them as I see them. :wink:
    HMV usually produces waterline kits, so it stands to reason this one is too...but remember the Ticonderoga, one of their last issues, is full hull...soooo, there's still hope! :lol:

I take it you found plans for the Nimitz below waterline hull? :?:

Little ship??? Oh, my, Enterprise will probably be a biggie too. :D Wonder if they will include the aircraft?

15. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Jim

No I have not got my paws on any ones that can be used yet, I was even thinking of contacting the USN to see if they had anything I could use.
    They can only say no, worth a try :roll:
    Thats why its doing my head in, spent hours looking without results.
    It would be nice to have one to go with my Ticonderoga
    Some kind sole sent me.

16. Jim Krauzlis

Hi, Rob! :D

I tried to find some plans too, but no go so far. :( The best I found was a water line profile plan and a cut away diagram, but that falls far short of what you are looking for. It would be interesting to find out what the Navy says in response to your request.
    Check out this page for some nice photos:

It sure would be great if the HMV is a full hull version...wonder how we can find that out? Where's Maurice when you need him? :wink:

Good luck! :D

17. lighthouse

lighthouse Member

Want to shorten the building time for the USS Saratoga

We have just received full resin hulls for the USS Saratoga and Conte di Cavour from GPM. You only have to add the decks and superstructure with paper. Sure you will get a perfect hull.

see details at

18. AdamBBLee

AdamBBLee New Member

Nimitz Drawings

I believe Floating Drydock is selling Enterprise ( 1970 ), America ( 1991 ) J. F. Kennedy ( 1980 ) and Nimitz ( 1975 ) carrier drawings in their "G" Series. All are in 1/192 scale.

Here is the link :

Good Luck

19. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Does anybody happen to have th Saratoga or a ticonderoga / Essex class carrier? I'm in desperate need ...