USS Enterprise 1701-D: Bridge now available!!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Master-Bruce, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Hello to all,

I know the test build thread is still on going but I've heard back from the various testbuilders on this one and feel comfortable to make it available now.

I first want to thank everyone here for their support during the development of this model. It's my first offering for a while. I also want to thank those who helped with reference material and those folks over at for help with LCARS. And of course a "Thank You" to Jon Leslie for being a great "host". LOL

You can find the model here:

Click on "Models for Download" then click on "Sci-fi Models". It's at the bottom of the page. The image on Jon's site is a place holder until we get one of the completed bridge.

2. redwolf28386

redwolf28386 Member

Looks great! Thanks!!:thumb:
  3. Mifune73

Mifune73 Member

Engage! ('course, the difference is, I sound like a dork when I say it...)
  4. Master-Bruce

It's Ok. Most of us have done it once at least. My favourite was "Make it so.".
  5. Ron Caudillo

Ron Caudillo Creative Advisory Consultant Moderator

What a Beaut!

Oh man, what a beautiful model! And it looks like the parts were planned out very carefully. I appreciate the jpgs to help us build it!

I'm gonna have to stop EVERYTHING and build this immediately.

Thank you so much for an excellent design!

Thank you Jon for hosting the model!

Best Regards,
    Ron Caudillo
  6. Master-Bruce

You're more than welcome Ron!! You deserve some credit for inspiring me to do it really. If it weren't for the TOS bridge then I probably wouldn't even have considered doing this one.

Glad you like it, hope it builds ok for ya. One thing Paulhbell mentioned were that there were alot of tabs. SMALL tabs to assist with the smaller sreas but there are alot of them all the same.
  7. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

8. Master-Bruce

Aren't we all? I know my lady thinks so. LOL!
  9. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

I have been waiting for this to become available!!
  10. Master-Bruce

Me too! LOL! I actually started this one around 18 months ago, something like that. Then forgot all about it until around a month ago, so decided to finish it.

I'm glad I did. :)
  11. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Hi, guys. Sorry , I've not updated the build thread, I've spoke to Andrew about reason's why and I will post more photo's there in the next couple of days.

As for ideas about building, leave about 20/25mm around the floor when cutting out, so the walls attach easier. The floor should be printed on at least 160/180gsm card. I ended up using 200gsm card. The walls are printed on 160gsm and the seats, consoles, etc, are printed on 120gsm. Take your time and it will turn out to be a good model.
  12. Master-Bruce

Hey, thanks Paul. Though they don't need to worry about creating a border around the floor anymore. That's one of the changes I made to it prior to release.

Lookin' forward to seeing more on your build. But you knew that already. ;)

Are you still on to test the "E" bridge when it's ready? It's not quite there yet but soon.
  13. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Sorry, I should have looked at the updated file first.

Yes, I will give the 'E' a go.

Also the fact files we talked about are about 30kg. I will be in touch about them. It is not to dear.
  14. Master-Bruce

It's cool, I'm sure everyone will have noticed anyway. Thanks for the card info too. I'd like to think I'll get the time to build this one myself some day.

Ok Paul, thanks for that.
  15. well ive nearly go the floor done printed it straight away wich i was unsure about as i already have loads printed and there are loads of tabs lol but i like it and its going together nicely
  16. Master-Bruce

WOW! That's fast work!! Look forward to seeing how it looks built.
  17. bonnybon

bonnybon New Member

18. bonnybon

bonnybon New Member

19. Master-Bruce

A double post "Thank you"? Wow! You're very welcome.
  20. yeah the floors finished i found it a bit tricky curving the walls round the raised floor but it looks ok im starting the rear wall tonight then i plan to build the side wall then the front then the rest of the little details but its been designed brilliantly really simple becasuse you can see how it goes together so thankyou