USS Defiant 1:1700

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidewinder81777

Midnight Modeler
Well i had been planning on slightly scaling up Zosho's defiant since id already built one. But I decided to try something a little more ambitious.
So instead i scaled down Bill's repaint of the Ninjatoes defiant. This should be interesting. Just walked away from it for a sec to post this. Pics will be forthcoming (so you can all laugh at me if I screw this up).

sidewinder81777

Midnight Modeler
done

Alright after a marathon all night build she's done. Its the most complex model ive done so far and the 2nd smallest, the smallest being zosho's defiant. I apologize in advance for the quality of the pictures, my camera just didnt want to cooperate or maybe i was just too tired hehe.
DSCN0016.jpg

Ok the nose was kind of a pain, no tricks to it just a pain but i gather from other posts about this particular model is normal. Note here throughout this model I removed most of the tabs except where major subassemblies join and edge glued for the most part.

DSCN0018.jpg

DSCN0019.jpg

DSCN0020.jpg

DSCN0021.jpg

DSCN0022.jpg

DSCN0024.jpg

DSCN0027.jpg

DSCN0029.jpg

DSCN0030.jpg

DSCN0031.jpg

DSCN0032.jpg

DSCN0036.jpg

Ok now i can go to sleep :D

Sidewinder, that looks great! I love small models when built right. (I don't build 'em right) But yours looks VERY good.

btw-where in FL are you? I lived in Lakeland, Auburndale and Winter Haven for awhile. I'm a California native, but I miss Florida. I worked all over Orlando, Daytona Beach, Cocoa, Cocoa Beach etc etc. I'll move back someday......

sidewinder81777

Midnight Modeler
btw-where in FL are you? I lived in Lakeland, Auburndale and Winter Haven for awhile. I'm a California native, but I miss Florida. I worked all over Orlando, Daytona Beach, Cocoa, Cocoa Beach etc etc. I'll move back someday......

I live up in Jacksonville. lived within an hour of here all my life.

sidewinder81777

Midnight Modeler
Thanks everyone for your kind words!
It was definately a challenge at that size and there are some flaws you cant really see in the pics but overall im pretty happy with the results.

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
Excellent build!

Great to share your build with us, the process was as valuable as the finished product is clean.

Thanks!

NOW GO MAKE YOUR BED! :rofl:

The DC

C

cmags

Definitely well done. What was the overall length when you were done, or more to the point, what ship length did you use to calculate your scale? Some references use 140m, others use 170m, and others reference something between.

sidewinder81777

Midnight Modeler
Definitely well done. What was the overall length when you were done, or more to the point, what ship length did you use to calculate your scale? Some references use 140m, others use 170m, and others reference something between.

I split the difference actually and went with about 157. Trying to bypass the whole defiant size debate sign1

Status
Not open for further replies.