USS Chandly

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Nothing, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

iv started working on my next free release. the USS Chandly. ive wanted to do it for awhile. it is one of my favorite of the old FASA line.
    stay tuned....
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Awesome design! Cant wait to see more :)
  3. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

yes i still have my fasa federation and klingon books:)
  4. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i lost my robotech ones as well. wish i still had them!
  5. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

YESSS!!! This be my favorite Starfleet design from the games! Great offensively, great defensively, and it's got great looks to boot. I EAGERLY await this release, and you can bet I'll be blowing it up to about 1:1000 scale. :mrgreen:
  6. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

ok i am working on it:)
  7. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

still working on some parts but went ahead and threw some textures on.
  8. Millenniumfalsehood

Thank you for putting the impulse engine on the end of the hull! The original design would have fried the tail end with radiation. :wink: :thumb:
  9. D-WHALE

D-WHALE Utopia Planitia Engineer

looks really good, Trent:thumb:
  10. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

after playin around i wasnt happy so this is the last shot with these textures. i found some hi rez textures ill be using. i dont know if i feel like doing the necisary paintshop work so the name and number may not be for the namesake.
  11. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

progress is slow. i work on it in between projects. but when i a am done i might not have the time to build it myself so i would be very happy to let you do it!:)
  12. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

all i have left is to simplify the engines. mean while testing out the textures.
  13. Millenniumfalsehood

I'm almost sure it's the forward cant of the shoulders and the backward sweep of the pylons, but the image makes the model look 'flat'. You mind posting an orthographic?

I LOVE that texture! :thumb: Will you be doing other Chandley class ships? My ship was the Blackheart (NCC-2327) when I play the Starship Combat Simulator.
  14. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

yea its an odd shape but i was just showin the textured area.
    i honestly dont think i will do different versions but anyone can do a repaint on it.:thumb:
  15. Millenniumfalsehood

That's what ahm talkin' 'bout. :cool:

I can't wait for this one. Honestly if I need to I can just use Paint.NET for a new texture(though if you could turn off the layer with the name and registry it would help).
  16. trekman1017

trekman1017 Member

whan should it be avalible?
  17. hawkman67

hawkman67 Member

Wondering on the progress of the project?
    I have always loved this ship one of my favs from the FASA books.
    Regards, Jeff
  18. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Very odd design.

I have those books still. Very hard if not difficult to find these days.
  19. THE DC

THE DC Member

Multiple copies

I stumbled across my attic stash and found a buch of duplicate FASA books.

Those were interesting designs, though I found the Romulan "Winged Defender" one of the best. Some of the adversay craft were excellent.

The DC
  20. Millenniumfalsehood

I loved to pit the Winged Defender against the Chandley. It was much more interesting than any of the other "X vs. Chandley" scenarios I've run, because the ships are almost evenly matched.

So how's the model coming along, nothing?