Uploaded photos not showing

ezdays

Out AZ way
From what it seems, right now any photo that has been uploaded to the Gauge is not appearing in the posts. Don't panic, they are not lost, they are just not being accessed. We are working on the problem right now and hope to have this restored soon. At first I thought the problem was with linked pictures, but that's not the case, linked pictures and pictures in the Gallery are working OK.

I'll keep you posted.

doctorwayne

Don, you must've corrected the problem, as all of my photos in my thread about upgrading an Athearn Mike are viewable. You had me worried, since that was the first time I'd gone to the trouble of resizing pictures so that I could post them directly.

Wayne

doctorwayne

Hmmm, very strange. I hadn't been to the Photo Forum before going to the thread that I mentioned, but I see that the problem persists there. I just went back to view my thread again: all of the photos show as intended, the first 10 as clickables, the balance all come up for me as complete photos.
Those first 10 "linked" photos were originally posted as attachments, but I hadn't realized that they would all appear lumped together at the bottom of the post. I went back, using the "Edit" function, moved each picture to its proper place in the dialogue, then deleted the attachments. I have no idea to where the heck they're linked.

Wayne

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
I checked again too, and still no go for me. I wonder if you are viewing a cached copy of the thread?

Don is on the case, so I am sure it will be resolved soon...! ;)

Andrew

ezdays

Out AZ way
If you want to try this Wayne, go to the top rail and click on "userCP". On the left bottom, click on "view attachments". A list of all your uploaded pictures will show there. Click on any one of them and you should get to view that picture. I cannot on any of mine, and so there seems to be a common problem, it could be that the server is partially down. I don't see anything wrong on this end, so it is now in the hands of Peter to see what he can do on the server end.

Hang tight, I can't see where anything is lost, just not accessable right now.:wave:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Peter is aware of the problem, but I've not gotten any word yet on when it will be fixed. In the meantime, you can upload your pictures to the Gallery since it's still working, then link to those pictures in your posts. You do that by right-clicking on your image in the Gallery and selecting "save image (or picture) location". When you compose your post, click on the "picture" icon above the compose window and just paste (ctrl-a) your image location in the pop-up window.

L

lester perry

doctorwayne said:
Don, you must've corrected the problem, as all of my photos in my thread about upgrading an Athearn Mike are viewable. You had me worried, since that was the first time I'd gone to the trouble of resizing pictures so that I could post them directly.

Wayne
Where is the article on upgrading Athearn mike located?
Les

doctorwayne

It's in the Scratchin' & Bashin' Forum, Les. And, by the way, the picture problem appears to be rectified.
Oops, spoke too soon. I managed to post a photo direct to the Photo Contest, and it showed up okay; however, there are still lots of pictures missing from the Photography Forum.

Wayne

ezdays

Out AZ way
Peter is working on the problem. I'd advise just backing off uploading pics until tomorrow morning. Let's hope it's 100% by then.

Thanks,

ezdays

Out AZ way
OK, we have our pictures back. Nothing's lost and everything that was uploaded during this "photo lockout" is there as well :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

To quote a phrase from the notices sent out by the big boys whenever they screw things up, "we apologize for this outage, and are sorry if it has inconvienenced you in any way" sign1 sign1