upgrates for mt2

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by xerox, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xerox

xerox Member

hi my name is brian and i just got a brand new mt2 and is great and i went to a bmx track whit abounch of guys and there trucks and it was really great and the only thing that broke was the rear arm and the front 6tour buckes camee off but i was woundering what is some good hop ups that i can get for my truck and where can i get them thanks.
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

3. xerox

xerox Member

i was woundering if you knew anybody knew of anybody that had a nitro rs4 mt2 and iif you do can you please ask them if they know of some really good parts and i was also wounderiing iif andone knew if the stock mt2's clutch iis any good or should i upgrate to a fiberglass one.
    thanks xerox
  4. tnx

tnx Member

my english is good, but this i dont understand, srry
  5. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

well he was asking if any of us board's people knew any 1 who has the nitro MT and ask them if they know of any good hop up's to get. I do not know about these trucks, and I don't know any 1 who has them. My uncle has a electric rs4, they are alot different but he added aluminum rear arms, better tie rods and shocks.
  6. xerox

xerox Member

hey thanks for the info but i was also woundering if an os engine with a starter box is any good for a nitro rs4 mt2 because i am buying a few parts and accessories and that includes an .12 os engine and a starter box and i was woundering if a starter box would work.
  7. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

Well if the engine doesen't have a Pullstart then you will need a starterbox. If it does have a pullstart the you wont need 1. Also a pullstart is cheaper then a starter box, you just gotta kinda wail on the pullstart alittle :D
  8. xerox

xerox Member

hey thanks for the info but the guy that i am getting the enging from says that a pullstart won't work for it thats why he is giving me a starter box for free.
  9. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

10. xerox

xerox Member

yo thanks but i was also woundering do u think that, that is a good deal .
  11. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

ya it seems like a nice deal. How old is the engine? Sorry it took alittle wile to answer
  12. xerox

xerox Member

i am not shure how old the engiine but i think that it is only 2 years old
    i that b
  13. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

that sounds pretty old lol
  14. xerox

xerox Member

so them do u recomend that i don't get the enging with all of those extra parts
  15. osbornel

osbornel Member

try a racing clutch, MUCH BETTER. #a885
  16. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Use a starter box the recoil and the start shaft are more rotating mass. If you get rid of them your engine will rev quicker and you wont have to worry about that brass bushing in the rear leaking air/oil. Although you will have to lug a starter box around with you. But that is the price for an MT that does over 60MPH.
  17. Twitch

Twitch New Member

I've got an MT 1 , First upgrade , Aluminum front suspension arms.
    Heed my advice, after the amount of stock ones you broke you would have been able to buy front and rear susp. arms. Second most broken thing: C-Hubs. Get aluminum.
    Hope I helped, ask any question about the mt/mt2

Go to my site...send pics!http://rcorra.tripod.com/offroad/
  18. xerox

xerox Member

thanks for the info it will help me a alot but i was talking to my bro and we were thinking if you guys know of any race tracks that we can #@$% around in because we found a bmx track but i specificaly was looking to see if anyone knew of an actual race track for offroad tracks in richmondhill because i want to race my mt2 there also what do u guys think would be a good power ful engine for the mt2 and also i put my bro savage small pipe on my truck and it gives me some power but i was MORE MORE thanks for the info peace
  19. Twitch

Twitch New Member

How new are you to RC, xerox? As long as your stock engine is good, use it till you kill it...When the piston and sleeve go up in flames, buy a new engine. Personally I prefer to run Fantom engines, but until you get good with tuning your engine, don't go too high performance quite yet...you'll murder it...
  20. xerox

xerox Member

it has been two years in this hobby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.