upgrade for t maxx ????

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by ericmcgehee, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ericmcgehee

ericmcgehee Member

i am looking to upgrade my maxx,and have about 80.00 right now. i want it faster, but really want it to handle better. i just put a 5 cell nimh pack in it for the servos, do you think i should go with a digital steering servo, or what would be the best stuff to buy for now, to get the most out of my money? also with the 5 cell, you have no on off switch. do they make one where you can just plug it in, or do you have to cut the wires, and wire it up your-self?

[file]DSC01216.JPG,4572,,[/file]
  2. ericmcgehee

ericmcgehee Member

oh, the truck now has all futaba sevos, and has the trx .15. what is the best geering for the truck i want speed, but don't want to sacrafice the low end torq.
  3. mastmec

mastmec Member

For handling, make sure it has a good, strong steering servo of at least 115in oz torque. A good one to buy is the Hitec MG645 Super Torque, its aroud $40.00. Digitals are very nice but around $125.00 and you might not notice unless your racing it, or have a radio to actually use it to its potintial. Get some different wt. shock oils, I ran 60wt all around, sounds like alot, but will make it stick to the ground. also shock springs and ride height, lower and stiffer for better handling, like shrp turns at high speeds.
    Gearing, any change you will lose something, speed or torque. Best thing, is lose rotating mass. Get lighter tires and wheels, heavy tranny gears, reverse.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.