Updated Tortoise Wiring Plan

Hi Bonkyrail,
I like the CAT-5 idea.
I would probably use the Plug-in board adapters with the Tortoise, so the cables could be made up entirely on the bench.
I would use only one resistor for the LED's, as only one illuminates at a time.
How about including the internal wiring schematic for the Tortoise on your diagram, so we can really see what's happening in there?? :D :D

From Olive Branch,

msh

Jul 2, 2002
Charlotte, NC
www.moctezuma-us.com
Thanks Jon. Don't stuff yourself and leave room for dessert.

cid - I did all the wiring of the CAT5 to the Torti pins at the bench, or in my case, the desk. Each was then hung on the wall out of the way until I needed them for install under the table, after which I mounted them under the turnout, snaked the CAT5 through the table to the jack, cut it to length and crimped on the end, which then got plugged into the jack that was wired to the guts.

Of course, I was fortunate enough to not have had these bad boys already installed and hard wired. I couldn't imagine sitting cross legged on the floor soldering with my arms in the air - that would suck!

I don't know that you can get away with a single resistor since the tortoise is expecting power for two, but if it works why not?

A diagram of the tortoise itself, eh? I assume you mean which pin does what? Okay - I'll do that... thanks for the suggestion.

msh

Jul 2, 2002
Charlotte, NC
www.moctezuma-us.com
chessie, no I don't have any pictures of the finished work since it's not finished.

Time isn't always available to work on the trains between work, home & family time, and the hobbies.

When it's done, or I've reached a point of showing what I've got so far, rest assured the proclamation shall be made!