Updated my web site

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by wings, Apr 11, 2005.

1. wings

wings New Member

Hi All,

I haven't posted for a long time, but I try to see what's happening here every day. This is to let everyone know that I have finally updated my web site (since last June) and I also have a new model to release soon. Thanks for reading/looking. http://www3.sympatico.ca/geechen

2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

The meteor looks great............and I love the scale. Do you take request?

3. wings

wings New Member

Hi John,

Thanks for your compliment. I don't take requests but I am still happy to get them. Maybe they are on my list. :D

4. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi Gee,

I heard that u not use any CAD for assistant your work...is that true?

i like your meteor and Flying Tiger very much.
  5. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

Both the meteor and the P-40 look amazing. You have done a very professional looking texturing job in my opinion. Lucky for you, it appears that your models are sold via download, otherwise you might run out of copies. :wink:
  6. Ron

Ron Member

Congrats Gee!

These are two awesome looking birds! I've been waiting for a large scale Meteor for a long time. Another Canadian :)

7. wings

wings New Member

Thanks for the compliments guys. You are right NOBI, I don't use 3D software. I just scan into my computer the scale plans and trace over them. The easy parts to make are the wings- just make mirror images of them and fold them over. The fuselage is the hard part. Mirror image here, of course, won't work. So I measure the circumference of the cross sections and use the results to get the width of each fuselage section. With lots of test shots, I eventually get the correct shape. I wouldn't mind to use 3D software, but since I use a MAC, software is limited and expensive.