Update photos of the ACT

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by fifer, Nov 1, 2005.

1. green_elite_cab

green_elite_cab Keep It Moving!

do you like heat it up? i have a modern Highway overpass from rix on my layout. not that i tried, but i can't see it bending!
  2. fifer

fifer Active Member

No , I just worked each piece on my fingers for a little and put a slight bend in each one then started glueing. I just bent by eye and then made the end approch to match from sheet styrene.
    Thanks , Mike
  3. tommann

tommann New Member

Mike - great layout! I like the desert and you have captured it beautifully :) How did you make the highway and what did you use for the yellow line?

4. fifer

fifer Active Member

The road is made of very fine sand blasting media glued in place and painted black. The striping was done with colored pencils and a french curve.
    Thanks , Mike
  5. SteamerFan

SteamerFan Member

What was her name? she does good work! ;)
  6. Dan Crowley

Dan Crowley Member

Very nice Mike. Every aspect of what you have built there looks appealing. From the Front fascia to the skyboard, it all looks wonderful.

Great job
  7. fifer

fifer Active Member

Thanks Dan , And from you that is quite a complement , as your work is fantastic.
  8. pickeral

pickeral New Member

Tell ya what I think. That is great work.Fantastic. AAA
  9. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

Wow...some really nice scenes wrapped up on one layout. Really well done! I like the building choices, road work, and those Santa Fe diesels look great. Great job!!
  10. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

I love your thunderhead. I've wondered how to do that and include lightning. :D :D
  11. fifer

fifer Active Member

Clark , There was an article in MR some time ago about lightening and how to but I went back to look for it with no success. Anyboby else remember?