Update photos of the ACT

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by fifer, Nov 1, 2005.

1. fifer

fifer Active Member

2. Papa Bear

Papa Bear Member

Very nice, Mike! :thumb: Looks great.
  3. Bill Pontin

Bill Pontin Member

Fantastic Mike! GREAT LAYOUT -I am especially impressed with the artwork on the skyboards. Your backgrounds provide so much depth. Should compliment the photographer as well.
  4. fifer

fifer Active Member

Thanks Bill , I did the photography and all I can say is what my dad used to say
    " Best girl I could get with the car I had " , but thanks.
    I also combined commercial backdrops and some of my own painting and the above quote would also apply to my ability.
    Mike :wave: :wave:
  5. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

6. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

Damn great!
    (forgive the language... but it is.)
  7. fifer

fifer Active Member

Thanks Ty and Ken, I am really looking for some constructive criticisum and ideas as I am kinda stuck in neutral right now.

Thanks Guys , Mike :wave:
  8. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

I dunno Mike, its hard to provide constructive criticism for a layout that is so nicely done! I suppose there might always be room for little detailed mini scenes with people along the road and rails. Maybe a cement company employee on that neatly done stairway...a couple more desert brush plants on the dry hillsides, a broken telegraph pole supported by a new one...that sort of thing..... A very nice looking layout and an inspiration to the rest of us!

9. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

Only thing I can think to add is some protesters that are complaining about the RR building so close to an ancient archeological site (which is a very nice touch :thumb: ). :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  10. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Beautiful layout, Mike!

Excellent work!
    :thumb: :cool: :cool: :thumb:
  11. Anachron

Anachron Member

I really like your progress! it's awesome!
    But I wonder, what code have you used on your track? it looks neat :)
  12. fifer

fifer Active Member

Anachron , I am using Peco Code 55 , and I love the stuff.
    Thankls , Mike :wave:
  13. SD90

SD90 Active Member

Looking great Mike! Looks like a fun layout to operate!
  14. fifer

fifer Active Member

Thanks Mike , Not quite as ambisious an effort as yours but it keeps me busy :wave: .
    Thanks Mike , Mike :thumb:
  15. kettlestack

kettlestack Member

Gee Mike, having seen the variety of projects on your layout and the precision with which you've built it, I wouldn't even dream of suggesting any form of constructive criticism.
    How to you find the time to make such a good job of such a massive undertaking?
    :D You even chose the right area to model (BNSF !! :D ) ok ok, so it's Sante Fe but who's counting?
    Well done sir! :thumb:

16. SteamerFan

SteamerFan Member

Ok, let's try, it looks really nice, but could you make it bigger! :D ;)
  17. fifer

fifer Active Member

I would love to Jay but that would require a new home. :eek:

18. CSX

CSX Member

That is incredible! I absolutly love it. Great work, keep it up!!!!!!
  19. green_elite_cab

green_elite_cab Keep It Moving!

wow thats some bridge on Kachina street! reminds me of this bridge near a freind of mine. it was the best bridge ever.
  20. fifer

fifer Active Member

Thanks Chris , The bridge is a Rix and each piece was hand bent to make the arch.
    Mike :thumb: