-UPDATE-MINI T WITH A 540!!!!! W00T W00T pictures!

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by dj6666969, Jan 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

Ok I have the motor mounted, battery mounted, reciver mounted, and my lrp esc mounted. The motor I think it around a 17 turn motor. I have a 35 tooth pinon gear and a 60 tooth spur! I do not have a micro servo so there is no steering right now. I am gonna run it when the battery is done chargeing and I will get pics and have them posted tomorrow. My onlt worry is the gear mesh moveing. I have it mounted with the 2 screw holes on 1 side of the motor... I sure hope it works! I will let every 1 know how it works. Any feed back would be good. Has any of you ever seen this done before, I havent,.,,,?

edit:JUST CHARGED THE BATT AND TRYED IT AND OMG!!!!!!!!! This thing is a beast! I can't steer it yet because I don't have a servo for it so I can only go strait and#@$%!!!!! All it wants to do is wheelys and withn half a second its on its top... just like that with so much power. I think I can take off with it slowly and gain speed and probly easly hit 50+ MPH!!!!!!!!! I wish I had a video to take a movie of it and post it, I think this might be the first mini t with a 540 in it!

2. first of all thats not a 540 that is a Modifed motor ! god luck trying to keep it pon all 4s
  3. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

haha dude that is sweet!
  4. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

dude a 540 motor is the same size as in a 1/10 scale car or truck AND THAT IS WHAT THIS IS I have been running it and the mesh has been fine! Also it is running just like a mamba would, u hit the gas hard enuf it will do a wheely!
  5. tfhughes_28

tfhughes_28 Member

That is a 540 motor. Just because it is a modified motor doesn't mean it isn't a 540.

Nice job man....that is awesome. My brother has a Mini-t as well.....i have an 11 turn motor here.....got me thinkin now....lol.
  6. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

it would be sweet to do that to my 18T, 4WD so it wouldnt do wheelies as easy :D
  7. badone

badone Member

as tfhughes28 said that is a 540 a stock one is like 27 turns the 540 refures to the can length and diamator,
    anyways nice job dj!!!
  8. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

well fellow people of the board I had the need for speed so guess what I did.... I took my 4tec motor which is 15 turns and put it into it :D It is so crazy I so wish I had a cam!! If any 1 has msn or yahoo I can set it up with my cam and you can see it live :D I had to replace the tranny gears they were really bad in it and also.. who said you couldn't use a regular servo ;)
  9. Overdrive789

Overdrive789 New Member

dude that is definatly sweet. good luck with it
  10. monsterrcbuilder04

dude i want a mini jsut so i cna mount my 9t in there...it would fly... im me on msn sometiem cause i would deffinatly like to see that. sickdrummer04@hotmail.com
  11. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

k your added... in my basemtn the thing moves so fast that its hard to tell when it is doin a wheely. I showed Justin on msn and he said it was a blur lol

Thanks overdrive it is sure gonnabe cool when im totaly done with it!
  12. ty007cars

ty007cars Member

dj thats so sweet!!
  13. monsterrcbuilder04

ok dude jsut show me whenever your online cause im online fairly often.
  14. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

Thanks dude!

Monster:ya I added you but im not at home right now but im signed into msn lol, gotta love cable :D
  15. Is that tape holding it on?
  16. gaz_r36

gaz_r36 Member

nice car dj
    do any of you know where you can make good free websites where you can upload pics and vids ???
    i put a 15 turn in my tamiya mini and killed the gearbox lol cus i was cheep and didnt get bb's lol
  17. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

belive it or not they are rubber bands lol I just bought a ball diff for it and the same night when I out my 540 back i it I snapped the drive shaft in half and killed a rear hub lmao! I am thinking of chopping the chassis in half and makeing it longer to hold the 3000 on the chassis so it is closer to the center of gravet, this should help it not flip over as much, unless I just gun it full throttle or with that motor TAP THE THROTTLE :D

Here is a link to free image hosting and also you can upload pictures to the sites server and post them that way also. Thanks for all the good comment people

18. scott555

scott555 Member

19. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

I still want it scott lol. I have a yokomo MT truck, only needs a diff in the front and rear and also a rear belt, it has onroad mounted tires and also dirthawg offroad tires(along with rims :)) let me know!
  20. scott555

scott555 Member

no it needs to be close to rtr to trade. he is a beginer so he dosent have much rc. im going to help him out but the buggy need to be more complete. thanks thow
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.