Upcoming model from GreMir Models

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Glen

Nice photos and if they are harsh then Ive dipped with mine :lol:
Looks a great build to me 8)

Barry

I think they are the torpedo tube mounting positions, she had two sets.

Rob

cardfan

Jan 17, 2004
Alamo, CA
Hey Guys,

Barry, Rob is right, those are the mounts to the torpedo tubes. She has two banks of 5 tubes each. I am working on those right now and hope to have them done this evening.

More soon and thank you both for the encouragement.

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Mike

I don't care I WANT ONE :lol: :lol:
He's done a cracker job of building it!!

I hope that big stick is working over time for the IJN cruiser :twisted:

Rob

cardfan

Jan 17, 2004
Alamo, CA
Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the delay in posting. I have finished a bit more, both funnels and more deck works. I have also completed the first set of torpedo tubes. This assembly alone has over 50 parts! Some of these things are tiny!

Here you are, let me know what you think.

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Glen

It looks great mate, nice clean and tidy.
When you think your doing it from only drawings as well 8)

Keep the post coming mate, I look forward to each and every one.
I can't wait to get my paws on this one, another very fine destroyer out of Mikes ship yard.

Great stuff

Rob

shoki2000

Feb 6, 2004
Tampa, FL - USA
www.gremirmodels.com
Glen is doing such a fine job on the ship.
And he uses only assembly drawings as a guide, plus all the text is still in Polish...

I have a question to the entire gang - do you really think that written instructions are really necessary when you have whole bunch of drawings plus construction and completed model photos to play with?

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Mike

One diagram is worth 10 pags of text, except for a quick look when in English I never use them.
I find they can confuse the issue more when your stuck!!

But then thats just me :lol:

Diagrams have great linguistic skills for models :D

Rob

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Wow, superb job, Glen! :D
Nice and clean construction, great detail work.
Super photos too! :D
Keep at it, mate!

Mike, I prefer a good set of diagrams as well...the instructions tend to say silly things like "assemble parts 20 through 25, then install on part 3". :? They don't help in giving you a clue as to the shape the part should have, it's orientation to the other parts of the build and how they all fit together so you can figure out the best assembly sequence. A good set of diagrams does that and it's international in conveying the information.

Like Rob said, the best thing to help in assembly is a well drawn set of diagrams, and I would add "with properly numbered parts". I find some of the older kits out there sometimes fall a little short of showing the full assembly and often mislabel the part numbers, so you have to figure out some of the smaller bits and pieces, but the instructions, usually in a language foreign to me, are no help whatsoever. Yuki Yuji's models, for instance, include only diagrams and they are perfect for those builds; the only cavaet I would add is it some of the models could do with a few more detailed views of the overall model showing placement and orientation of the sub assemblies, but generally the diagrams are sufficient and make it fairly easy to figure out the overall assembly.

I am intrigued by your comment in another post about the models you have in mind for next year...wonder what they will be? Maybe some modern naval ships?? 8)

Looking forward to more, Glen! :D

Cheers!

Jim

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Michael

Diagrams and exploded diagrams and a plan and elevation line drawing of the ship with the part numbers on as in "Savage".

Glen

Wonderful job. Now being a cheeky bugger how a about a dry test build of the last deckhouses (so as not to spoil your fun in building) and one of each of the other sub assemblies like the guns.

Then we can all have a go at Mike to release the it.

barry

cardfan

Jan 17, 2004
Alamo, CA
Hello all,

As requested here is the last deck house built and installed. I will be moving on to the guns next I promise. I hope this will keep the die hards of you out there in sufficent photo induced bliss until the next set!

Glen :D

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Glen

And so you should be proud of it, looks great mate.
A very fine bit of work 8)

Neat, clean and the photos are good to, what more can you sak for!!

More when you can

Rob

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Absolutely awesome work, Glen! :D

Glad you posted the extra photo too...ah, photo bliss! :lol:
Nice detail work with the support structure under the after deck extension.

Looking forward to more when you can.

Cheers!

Jim

cardfan

Jan 17, 2004
Alamo, CA
Hello again everyone,

Sorry for the delay in posting, house guests...

Well here you are, she is finally armed! Aside from the torpedo array of course. I think the main guns look a bit smallish for a warship, but that's just me. :)

Anyway here is the long awaited photo. More soon!

charliec

Jan 18, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
That's a great looking build.

Destroyers weren't supposed to have overwhelming gun power - their primary anti-ship weapon was the torpedo. I guess one of the classic destroyer actions using torpedoes was the sinking of the IJN Haguro in 1945 by RN destroyers off Penang. Another subject of Gremir models was involved in this action - HMS Saumarez.

Regards,

Charlie