Upcoming End of the Year Holidays and Celebrations

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by rickstef, Nov 3, 2004.

1. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Well, this one is for those who do the gift giving ritual at the end of the year.
  2. Gil

Gil Active Member

You forgot those of us who regularly catch the "flight to Fancy" for a brief but invigorating brain catharsis. Nice place that Fancy..., you really should add another button entitled. "Waiting for the next flight to Fancy""...,

Best regards, Gil
  3. tino

tino Member

Hi to all,
    Now I am thinking in buying the Akitsushima and maybe another model like one Malymodelartz plane because I already have the ki 43 from Halinski and the He 111 from GPM that will keep me busy for many months.
    You should see the He 111 is funtastic and complicated to...

Best Regards
  4. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Tino

If your thinking of getting the "Akitsushima" the kit published by "Kartonowa" in 1/200 is well worth it. I got it off e-Bay a few weeks ago and it looks like a great little kit :D
    Also the "Emily H8K" that comes with it has good detail for a four engine plane of this size!!

5. tino

tino Member

Hi jrts,
    Yes I will certainly buy it.
    I think that should not be a very hard ship and I think that is an unsual and beautifull model, for ending this model is a limited edition of (if I am not wrong) 480 models.

6. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Tino

Your info is spot on it was a limited edition of 480 models.
    It won't be a hard one to do, but for its size it does have some nice detail and well worth a buy.

Hope you have fun with it when you get it and post it as a build thread for us all to see :D

7. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Tell me, my American buddies, when did 'Christmas' become 'Holidays'? I reckon it is some fiendish plot by Coca-Cola ....

Tim P
  8. cardfan

cardfan Member

I think it is just a generic term used here in the States to refer to the entire end of the year gala including Thanksgiving, Christmas and its Eve, and New Years and its Eve. Of course most retailers have had Christmas stuff out a month before Halloween so it seems to be a 4 month fiesta.
  9. rickstef

rickstef Guest

I tried to keep christmas out of the initial lineup,

I was referring to all gift giving holidays from any religion, Christmas, Kwanzaa, Sinterklaas(for our dutch members), Hanukkah, and any of the other ones I might have forgotten.

That is why I made Christmas the Holidays

10. Tonino

Tonino Member

I'm looking forward for that day when my childs will be grown up enough to let me buy a lot of models with the excuse of teaching them the noble art...! :roll: That will be a good Christmas :lol:

I know they now don't care at all about modeling (but who knows...?).

It's only my wife is starting to grumble a lot everytime I order a new model (WHEN do you intend to make all that stuff? And WHERE DO YOU ARE GOING TO PUT THEM?????) :?

In the meantime I have put an order for a FW190A and the mythical P39N, both Halinski (Leif, what scale I'll have to build the P39? You put me in an embarrassment! :wink: ) Just to let the pile of the "to do" stuff grow another little bit...
  11. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

What scale? The one that appeals to you most, of course; the one you just can't resist - what else, you dear dunce...

12. Ken Horne

Ken Horne Member

I'm ordering one disk with plenty of models :D

I'm getting the Fiddler's Green buildings disk so that I can make Jr. some cool buildings for his Thomas the Train toys. I'm pretty sure that if I had a set of buildings to play with as a kid (drive tanks around, etc.) I'd have loved it. FG kits are perfect for that kind of thing. Very pretty yet utterly disposable models. Crush one and I'll just build another.

Happy holidays all