UP surprise

ls1gto

I know this will probably be a pretty boring picture for most of you guys but it was
pretty cool for me. I was on my way to church sunday morning and as I headed
twords a CSX mainline with a couple of sidings, here sat this UP SD40-2??. Kinda neat
to see some foreign motor around here. They obviously had to remove it from the
lash-up due to an overheated wheel bearing on the rear truck. Dont know if you can
read it or not but I took a pic of the BO tag.

Attachments

• IMG_1258.JPG
    IMG_1258.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_1269.JPG
    IMG_1269.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_1262.JPG
    IMG_1262.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_1263.JPG
    IMG_1263.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 180

UP SD40-2

Thanks!!!

ls1gto, WOW!:eek: THANKS for posting the pics!!!:thumb: :D YOU BET thats an SD40-2!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :D GREAT of you to get a shot of the tag too.;) :D THANKS!:D -Deano

brakie

Pictures of trains are never boring even the ones we see daily! :thumb: Thanks for sharing.:D

LoudMusic

brakie said:
Pictures of trains are never boring even the ones we see daily! :thumb: Thanks for sharing.:D

I agree! Though I would say that I spend less time analyzing the pictures of 'common' rolling stock now compared to ten years ago.

Similarly, do very many trains escape your immediate attention? The same frieght rolls through my town every day - but that doesn't keep me from inspecting them as they rumble through the crossing :)

ls1gto

Thanks guys, and those are very good points. I've got NS tracks 4 mi. one way and CSX tracks 2 mi. the opposite direction. It seems I see more foreign motors on CSX than on
NS. However, I must say that I dont get a chance to do any railfanning any more.

ls1gto

UP SD40-2 said:
ls1gto, WOW!:eek: THANKS for posting the pics!!!:thumb: :D YOU BET thats an SD40-2!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :D GREAT of you to get a shot of the tag too.;) :D THANKS!:D -Deano
Kinda figured you would like this one:D :D

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Get a copy of Railpace Magazine, alls you see is foriegn power on NS and CSX railroads,Lots of UP and BNSF,sometimes, some Canadian power too.Sometimes, UP and BNSF power on the same CSX or NS train.
Its neat...a little wierd, but neat.
Also great for us who model mdern railroads...Proof positive for the justifaction of western power on our eastern roads...Go ahead...buy the UP SD70MAC....even if you do model the NS....

railohio

If your local NS line has cab signals then you will see less "foreign" power because it is not qualified to lead.

brakie

Yeah,UP comes through here as well.

Picture-014.jpg

Maybe UP has taken over CSX:cry: ...heck, they have taken almost every other companysign1 . Next year we'll see a UP SD70ACe with the CSX painting