UP SD40-2 Needs Your Track Planning Help!

UP SD40-2

zachary said:
hey deano do you mind if i take a stab at it i think i might be able to put something up for you if one of you can teach me how to upload rts files i will try and do somting zachary
zachary:wave:, honestly, i am pretty darn happy with Kurt's plan:thumb:, but i am willing to check ANY plans out;).

OK, when you save your rts file, click on File, then a window will scroll down, now click on save as, when you do that, a window will pop up, now see where it says "save as type", click on the down arrow in that box, see where it says .Bmp file, click on that, by doing this it will save your rts file as a bitmap. you can upload bitmap files on this forum:thumb:. ok, now that you saved your rts file as a .bmp, when you click on "post reply" on this forum, you get to the reply box(you know this:D), now, see the paper clip on the toolbar in the post reply box, click on it, ok now you can locate your .bmp file and click on it, now click on the "upload" button. once the file has been uploaded, you can post it by clicking again on the paper clip, now you will see the name of your file, click on that, ok, now your trackplan is in your reply, so just hit "submit reply" and BINGO, the file will show up here:thumb:. make sure the file is no more then 68.4KB large in size;).
hope that helps!:D -Deano

cnw1961

Deano, here is a slightly different version of the plan. I moved the factory from the right side to the upper left corner. That gives room for an industrial plant (e.g. sugar refinery, cement plant etc.) in the upper right corner. The dimensions of this sketch are almost correct – not as good as if I did it on the computer, but when I am looking for ideas, I prefer to scribble with a pencil.

deano3.JPG

UP SD40-2

Kurt:wave:, THANK YOU!:D i like things off BOTH plans:thumb:, now i am kicking around combining the things i like off both of them;):D.

zachary:wave:, i would love to see your plan:thumb:, check your PM's:D.

THANKS GUYS!:D -Deano

joesho

well deano,i dont have much advice but,id say make it so you can add on when ever.also on choice of building you could make building so it would fit,modern and old time frame,if you get bored of running old equipment (lord forbid),any way, just my two cents

UP SD40-2

joesho said:
well deano,i dont have much advice but,id say make it so you can add on when ever.also on choice of building you could make building so it would fit,modern and old time frame,if you get bored of running old equipment (lord forbid),any way, just my two cents
joesho:wave:, THANKS!:D thats one reason i am going to go with 1969-79;), i think i can get away with running just about anything:thumb:. i was born and raised in WI, been as far west as Texas, lived in Florida for 17yrs, been to Detroit, and to NJ a couple times:thumb:, and now i live back in WI, in all my travels i have noticed one thing, no matter where you go, there are places that are "trapped in time";), so if i ever decided to run an SD90/43MAC on it, i wont feel to bad:thumb:. :D -Deano

UP SD40-2

zachary:wave:, i THANK YOU!, for stepping up to the plate and taking the time to produce a track plan:thumb:, VERY NICE, THANK YOU!:D

i am going to post your plan, so others can see what you have done:thumb:.
though i think you have come up with a NICE plan, i am sorry, but i think i am going to go with Kurt's plan:). Kurt left me the three tracks exactly as i had them, in doing this, it kept my "run around" track so i could move the engine from one side of the car to the other, this is critical for doing moves opposite of the way the engine is facing when you start the operation;). i do like the simplicity of your plan:thumb:, but Kurt's plan gives me a couple more moves, so i am hoping the "operations value" will last a little longer:).

AGAIN, i THANK YOU:), for stepping up to the plate, taking the time to do this plan:thumb:, it REALLY MEANT A LOT TO ME;):). :D -Deano View attachment 36239

Attachments

• zachlayout.JPG
    zachlayout.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 43

zachary

hey deano thats allright i was just glad you liked it because it was my first time making a trackplan for anyone i have another trackplan for my layout that if i email it to you could look it over and tell me whats what tia zachary

UP SD40-2

zachary said:
hey deano thats allright i was just glad you liked it because it was my first time making a trackplan for anyone i have another trackplan for my layout that if i email it to you could look it over and tell me whats what tia zachary
zachary:wave:, YOU BET I WILL:thumb:, go ahead and send it, i would be HAPPY to look over the layout plan of your layout, and post it here;). i gotta be honest with you though, i might not put it up till tomorrow night though, its past 12:00am here, and i have to be to work by 6:00 am:(. so if i don't get it up tonight, IT WILL BE UP after i get home from work tomorrow night:thumb:.
THANKS!:D-Deano

Russ Bellinis

Deano, if Zachary is interested in having the Gauge community check out his design and make any suggestions, you probably ought to start it out in a thread of it's own.