UP Line up passing through

cn nutbar

great shots herc---i really like the one with cefx 1021---the canadian pacific uses a lot of leased power and i've seen this unit in some of it's latch-ups---thanks for posting,looking forward to future pictures,nutbar

johnny b

Fantastic work! The f units in your 3rd pic, Are those new? Are they Atlas ? When I was A littlw kids my dad had an N scale train , just a few cars and an engine , a few buildings and I just loved it !!!!! That f unit was the same exact one he had . I still have a few of the cars from that train but the engine vanished over the years .

doctorwayne

Herc Driver said:
Was the stock yard scratch built from styrene?

Thanks for the compliment, Herc Driver.
To answer your question about the stock pens: Strip styrene, with woodgrain added using a razor saw. Each wall was laid out on a sheet of paper pinned onto a sheet of balsa. When everything was pinned in place, I used a small brush to apply lacquer thinner to each joint. All of the corner posts extend into the "ground" in order to keep the finished structure solidly in place. The covered pens (mostly used for hogs) have all the necessary posts and beams supporting the roof. As you can see, the gable ends, etc. are all board-by-board construction, as are all of the ramps and platforms. The roof on the covered pens is Campbell corrugated siding applied over .060" sheet styrene. Painted with Floquil Reefer White, with various weathering of rust, mud, and manure applied with a brush or airbrush.

Wayne

Herc Driver

Thanks guys...

Those F units pictured are FT units (A+B) from InterMountain and boy do they run great.

Zachary - you probably have a good story to share if you were there when they ran 6133!