Up date on the Tennessee and Western

TN_Trainman

Nov 14, 2006
Hello everybody,

Well its been a while since I posted, just been busy with work and such, but I thought you might like an update. So this last Sunday I spent about 8 hours working on the T&W. I got the bridge set in place and around 25 feet of track laid as well as most of my feeder wire drops.

Here is some pics of the bridge, let me know what ya think!!

TN Trainman

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Looks good and it looks like you're going to have some rugged scenery, too! :thumb: You say that you put some track down and installed feeder wires: does this mean the trains are runnin'? :woot1::excited1:

Wayne

TN_Trainman

Nov 14, 2006
Doc, yep the trains are running on what I have laid so far, (about 30 ft main line) I have not purchased my DCC system as of yet, so I have been running them back and forward with my DC Transformer.

I have been concentrating on the area in the far left hand corner of the first picture as this is where the Coal Mine will set, and is the most difficult area to reach on the layout.

I hope to have the background landscaping done within the next two weeks so I can place the mine and the entire track that goes to it as well.

The lettering on the bridge turned out better than I expected as they are just plain copy paper cut out, then the edges darkened with a sharpie marker and sealed with a single coat of white glue and then the whole bridge was sealed with dullcote.

Hope to have some more pics soon, and thanks for the comment I was beginning to think I was forgotten since I haven’t posted in a while. sign1

TN Trainman