up date on my son

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
well guy's here is what is going on right now with my boy we had a meeting with all of his dr's back here at home to talk about what happend out in philly when we where out their for testing . we also wanted to get an idea where they all where on this surgery. well the news was not good from them with what happend out their almost "code blue" the dr's told us that the surgery would put him at more risk then good they told us it would kill him not the surgery it self but the meds "put to sleep "
they all feel the same way and when the dr's out their say it is all ok he will be fine and things happen and they want to go ahead with the testing no matter his safty the dr's are also wondering if he might have somthing else be couse the dissorder is pergresive and he should be loseing things not gaining things so we are going to get him re tested agin for the 3rd time and it is a hard choice me and my wife has to make for our son do we go with the surgery that might give him some more life and risk killing him or do we sit back and see what happens with his health. :cry:
it is another heart breaking choice we have to make. i know we would make the right one. and i don't want to live the rest of my life out with that one thing running through my mind "what if "

well guys i'll chat later got to go and clear my head "off to bowling a.k.a anger mangment"

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
My heart goes out to you, scoob. When it seems like there's no right choice, it kinda means that there's no wrong one, either, right? Whatever you decide, you don't need to play the "what-if" game - neither the choices you're offered nor their consequences are under your control.
billk

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Scooby,
What a decision to make, I really don’t know what I would do given that option. All I can say is what ever you decide will be the right choice.
God bless.
Shamus

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Hi Scooby, I can only echo what Bill and Shamus have said. Try to do whatever makes what time your son has left most comfortable for him. If it is only a matter of time, then I think quality time together is important. Whatever you do, don't ever question it. You've done your best and loved him, that's all that matters.

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
All I can say is pray for an answer Scooby, and I will do the same for you. I think one thing I would ask the docs, if you haven't already, is, "What would you do doc., if it was your son." That question makes a doc think and give an honest answer. We're all pullin' for ya!

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Hi Scoob...

I am sorry :( to hear about the tough decisions you and your family will have to make, but I am happy to see you have not lost your sense of humour though all these difficult times....

Originally posted by scoobyloven
"off to bowling a.k.a anger mangment"

Andrew

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Hi Scoob:( You and your dear wife Are in all our prayers at this difficult stage with your dear son.

Doctors can do nothing for my wife either, We (Family) give Her constant care and all the Love we have. M . S.
And I know you are doing the same , Whatever you both decide it will be in His best intrest,, in that there is no doubt.
I dont have to tell you guys anything knew ,, hold him very close.
He will be with you in your thoughts and heart forever.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Dear Scoob, I feel for you in this most trying and difficult time. Perhaps the tests will provide more information to help you in making your choice. Many people turn to prayer for help, others get counselling. I hope that although your son comes first in all your thoughts and actions, that you will not totally neglect your own emotional well-being and that of your wife.
My heartfelt sympathies to you both and to your brave little boy.

Val

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
it goes without saying that we know you will do what you think is best for your son. It also goes without saying that we are all pulling for you and you are all in our prayers and thoughts. Stay strong....

Don

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Scooby, All I wanted to say has been said already :( We're all pulling for you & your family. As for the "What if" game - you will make the most reasonable & logical choice at the right time...

Like has been said, Ask the Doctors - gain as much information as you can!! :) My doctor told me - the more knowledge you have - the better the "decision will be".

Remember - no matter what you do - it'll be a group decision agreed upon by you & your wife. Dont Ever look back, Always look toward the future, no matter how long it is. :) :) The quality time - You will have to savor each day - One Day At A Time!!!

Our Prayers are with you !! :)

~~ Mikey

God Bless You and Your Family

Whether we all do or do not believe in God , I belive it will ultimately be his decision and I feel he guides all of us to take the actions that are best , he and you will make the correct decision ,I am sure , and the world will once again be bright.

This is not a line of bull , I hit and killed a 4 yr old little girl with a car when I was 18. The accident was not my fault but I am 52 and it sometimes still weighs heavy on my mind.

Mike Fifer

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Scoob, My prayers are with you, your wife and your son. Sometimes things are the darkest just before the dawn, but the light always shines thru.

Climax1880

Feb 13, 2004
At the edge of the woods
Visit site
God knows best

Scoob:
Unlike most of the others, I know what you are going through. My son died when he was two weeks short of turning 13. He had muscular dystrophy and of course there is no cure. This is what the Labor Day telethon is all about.

Sometimes, you wonder, what if?... That's a cruel game and you can literally make yourself sick playing it. I know.

Sometimes you ask, WHY??? Why my son? We don't know and that question may never be answered until we get to heaven. I'm not trying to push religion because some people don't want to hear it but it can be a real comfort to others when they are in real need.

Of course we will pray for all of you but not in the sense of wanting something but that the will of God would be done. He ALWAYS has our best interest at heart.

CCT70

Jun 25, 2003
Hey there Climax, I've often asked myself the same thing. Why? Why did it have to be my only child, the little girl that I always wanted?

However, asking yourself why gets you nowhere but frustration, so for the time being, I urge you Scooby to cherish each and every minute, regardless of what it takes to make the time with your son as memorable as you can. I've lost an infant daughter and nephew both in the span of 2 years and it's tough, but the more good times you have together to reflect on, the easier it seems to get. Asking why though, gets you nowhere but heartache, because unfortunately, there is never an answer. It saddens me that after knowing first hand the pain of losing two little ones, that others have to go through it too, but you have a lot of good people here pulling for your family and you will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers as well.

Folks, take a few minutes to hug your little angels each day, you never know when you may not be able to again.

Tom

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Scoob, it must be hard to have faith at a time like this but somehow you and you wife and son will come through this tough decision. Faith may help you, we sure pray it does.

jawatkins

Aug 21, 2003
Allen, TX
Visit site
Don't really know what I could add or say that hasn't already been said. There are many good people on this forum who have given very good, heartfelt advice.

I will certainly keep you and your family in my thoughts.