Unofficial ID Badges

Discussion in 'ID Badges, E-passes and Faces Behind The Names' started by N Gauger, Mar 9, 2003.

1. CBCNSfan

CBCNSfan Member

Hi All, I doubt I'll leave mine like this but here's a temporary one.

Cheers Willis :wave:

2. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Just realized that I haven't yet posted a badge. Here's what I've done for now:

Attached Files:

3. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Don & Willis, Great E-Passes :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  4. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Member

Here's Mine.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Attached Files:

5. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

Just an update.
  6. toolman

toolman Member

What ever design that is chosen is ok by me. I hope the design will be finalized so when I go to the next trainshow/meet I'll wear it and maybe see a member.
  7. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

8. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Here is my badge so far

I hope to make mine as good as the ones already posted.

Attached Files:

9. Tileguy

Tileguy Member

Well I had a few moments to play around,and since the new Chippewa & Grand Portage RR stock certicates just showed up,I guess its official. We gonna build us a Railroad!!!! :D

Attached Files:

10. 2-8-2

2-8-2 Member

11. N Gauger

12. Nazgul

Nazgul Active Member

Heresssssss Nazgul

Attached Files:

13. N Gauger

14. TinGoat

TinGoat Ignorant know it all

Time for a new badge...

Hey Gang,

It's time for a new badge!

Attached Files:

15. N Gauger

sign1 sign1 You need 2 shirts for that one :) :)

Not bad - except that the gauge logo should be on the top goldtoth1 goldtoth1
  16. GeorgeHO

GeorgeHO Member

Looking at your logo for the Gauge, it's very direct and recognizable, at least to members. But to anyone unfamiliar with the Gauge it doesn't say anything about what the Gauge is, and who we are, and what it does. Since gauge refers to the distance between rails on a railroad, I would think you could have railroad tracks coming out of the bottom of the logo towards the viewer. And since you have members from all over the world, I would think you could turn the elipse into a globe, showing the entire world.

Just a thought.
  17. N Gauger

I like the idea of the tracks :) I couldn't see changing the oval though.... We were thinking a while of changing it - - but Most of the members thought it should stay the way it is...
  18. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Sorry, looks to me like an ad you'd find in the back of a comic book or magazine. :D :D

Ya might have to have that ironed onto a T-shirt instead of a badge though.:rolleyes:
  19. TinGoat

TinGoat Ignorant know it all

New Badge

Hi Gang!

I've got too many brands in the fire! sign1

It is actually the size of two standard name-tag holders...

A T-Shirt isn't a bad idea. :thumb:
  20. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Hey TinGoat,

You'll lose lots of time at a show, when you always have to wait until your fellow modelers are through with reading your ad! :D
    Now what on Earth is Hn42 gauge? :confused:

the purpose of these badges was that Gauge members on a train show would find each other at a glance. :wave: It wasn't thought primarily as a means to get new members, although it could serve as a discussion starter. It is somewhat an insider affair, then.
    And I think that the oval shape of the logo makes it more distinguishable from a distance than just another round emblem.