Unofficial ID Badges

Discussion in 'ID Badges, E-passes and Faces Behind The Names' started by N Gauger, Mar 9, 2003.

1. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

In the chat room - we decided that The-Gauge needed a uniform ID badge. These could be worn at train meets to identify each other.

I decided to come up with a design. I am submitting the first 2 of them here for your approval and / or comments.
    If This catches on - You can all download the pics and edit them for yourselves - or E-mail me & I can help you! :)

Keep watching this thread for developments. :D

3-09-03 - I found that they fit into "Fishing License" holders too. :D :D

2. K.V.Div

K.V.Div Member

Great Idea. I'm all for it and will be keeping an eye on this one.

3. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hiya Mikey, I'm not touching mine, it's perfect. Nice idea that.

4. MCL_RDG

MCL_RDG Member

Talk about coincidence!

I was thinking Friday after getting home about the very thought of Gauge badges. Besides the nameplate- I was thinking of a lapel pin too, one that could be worn just below my American Flag. Sort of a "wink and nod" when I go train watching or hobbyshopping. I was gonna take the logo, printed and trimmed out- to the mall and find one of those guys that make mugs and badges in fifteen minutes- kinda thing.

You guys musta been chanting the thought in mantra or whatever they do to put signals out.

(hmmmmm, no way to add an image.)
  5. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

I like it, too.

Think the GAUGE emblem should be bigger.
  6. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

this is really a good idea. Unfortunately I am a little way off from most train shows in the USA, so I won't have much chance to use such a badge. :(

BUT... :eek:

SIR - NO, SIR! IMHO the size of the Gauge logo is big enough to see and distinguish it from quite a distance.

The most important information is our NAME, isn't it?

But I have another suggestion: The black border looks a bit somber to me - funeral-like, so to speak. Why not print it in 'Gauge-blue'? The same goes for the name - you see it better this way, don't you?

I composed 'my' badge, as it could turn out with my proposed modifications - see below. (Now if I only could use it! :( :( :( )

Attached Files:

7. MCL_RDG

MCL_RDG Member

I'm all happy and stuff now!

Wow, 3 countries already represented!!!

P.S. A trip to the local office supply store will prolly turn up bage holders with safety pins. I have several from public service events (for I.D.) which I engage in as an amateur radio operator. They're pretty cheap- plus you'll be the kewlest person- next visit to a train show or hobbyshop- you'll certainly get more than a casual glance I'm sure.

Attached Files:

8. N Gauger

Re: Whao!!!

That's what I was thinking too - Office sup;y - but you may have to buy a bunch of them - I was going to check the Local department store Sports Dept for fishing / deer tag holders to see if they would work. Thanks!!
  9. N Gauger

Paul, I got everything right "the first time??" :) :) Even the year?? -- I'm amazed! :D Thanks!

Anyway - I guess I'll start the "banter" Who likes the Blue Border & Blue Name - We could even make the border a little thicker..
    I think it makes it stand out a little better. :) :)

How about it?? :D :D
  10. MCL_RDG

MCL_RDG Member

I like look...

...already presented and would let/allow a little modification to suit the road as "need be". After all, conformity is not an end, it is a begining.

Simple, sharp, consistent graphics make an identity (Marketing 101).

A badge is a badge is a badge. Wear it proud- you have been assimilated. Like- a rose is a rose- they all stink no matter how you cut 'em! This comment has nothing whatever to do with the thread- I am merely getting giddy over the coming defrost here!

I have no problem with a color scheme application- but as the guys in the paintshop would like it, and as the Brass Hats would have already ultimately decided- that the "marketing" people from the front office have decided what is the right way to go- And, we're running with it.

As often discussed in corporate boardrooms- while considering spending HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of dollars on advertising, logos, paint schemes, "as long as it looks company"!!!

There's always room for change down the pike. How many redesigned RR logos have there been- pick a road- Pennsy- 5 stripes, 1 stripe, Brunswick Green, Maroon, Serif, Sans Serif, Keystone/Keystone circled but, they all had a central theme.

RailRon, I'd wear muh badge even if I lived on an island.

Hey- it's getting warm here and I hear birds chirping! And, I'm running with 'em- chirp chirp chirp! Weeeeheeeeeeeee- look at me I'm a bird~~~~~

OK- I'll stop now. I feel much better tho?

11. N Gauger

MCL - I found a "glitch" already - as long as we can live with different shades of "Gauge Blue" we're ok!

Yeah the "birds are caling me too -- time to break out the Mustang & go for a Short Fast Jaunt!! :eek: ROFL (Still too wet for the An Ti Que... :( :( :(

See Ya Tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
  12. MCL_RDG

MCL_RDG Member

Don't mention shades of...

...Gauge Blue.

We could submit a sample to any paint company and have formula concocted and there will always be a slight variation between batches alone from the same company.

Putting on muh best Capt. Quint (from JAWS) impression-

I'm talking about "Gauging" (sharkin')!

Just stand back everybody- let the professionals do what they do best and everyone will come out of this with a badge!!!!

Mark (apparently close to cracking uP from cabin fever!)

This is all I've seen for 48 days now!!!!

Attached Files:

• snow.gif
      File size:
      1.2 KB
  13. scoobyloven

scoobyloven Member

well guys here is mine hope it comes out ok i had a little time to do something to day:)

Attached Files:

14. N Gauger

Re: Don't mention shades of...

That's the way it always is - And try to get the printers to prinf exactly what you want! :)

hey - where's the "Image"??? :D
  15. N Gauger

Perfect - except if you have the border blue IMHO - the name should be blue too!! It seems just to look better! :) :)

Really neat!!!!
  16. interurban

interurban Active Member

I Like it to

So how do we go about it?????
    How does one make it up is there a template or some thing we can use???
    Help this nitwit please:D
  17. N Gauger

Re: I Like it to

OK - there's a really easy way - just download the pic - put it into your own editor & just "copy your own stuff on top of my stuff"

Then there's the Really Easy Way - let me know what you want & I'll be more than happy to set it up for you. :) :) :)
  18. interurban

interurban Active Member

Hi Mike,
    can I choose the real easy way:p

Name Interurben with the same picture aviator.
    Modeler of Traction in H O scale
    Since 1982

Real name Chris Walker.
    Is there any thing else Mike???
  19. msh

msh Member

okie dokie - here's mine into the fray!

Attached Files:

20. N Gauger

That's cool MSH - I like the shadows! :)