Unknown car ;-)

Discussion in 'Commercial & Civilian Vehicles' started by Nosports, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Nosports

Nosports Member

Guess what this will be.

This is a really, really gasguzzeling car.

I think the folk of smartgroup may be knowing, because it was a little subject then. For the rest of you just keep on guessing.

Is there an intrest of the progress of this model ? if yes i will keep on posting if some bigger and smaller landmarks are meet.

So just keep on building

2. rickstef

rickstef Guest

the Ford Falcon Interceptor from the Mad Max movie

has about that shape

and yes continue to post pictures

3. barry

barry Active Member

Would it be orange and have a big eight on it, showing my age again.

4. Darwin

Darwin Member

And maybe stars and bars painted on it? EEEEEE-HHAAAWWWWWWW!
  5. DixieSatellite

DixieSatellite New Member

Re: Unknown Car

How do you see the pics? I don't see them.

Oh, never mind - it worked after I logged in correctly. Duh.

Thanx again
  6. Nosports

Nosports Member

Front of the gasburner

figured out, how to make a nice front .-)

Now its only the back, the doors, the hoods, the interieur, the driveline, the the ........

7. Nosports

Nosports Member

hey wheres the pic ?

duh, what a system of .....

8. Nosports

Nosports Member

The finished body-in-white.

The windows are plain paper, but will later be cut out for the windows.
    so far i like it

The problem now is how to make some hinges for the doors and the hatches. Someone have hint or a method handy ?

so long and thanks for the fisch

9. DixieSatellite

DixieSatellite New Member

Hi Nosports,

Nice car. Can you show us a pic of the drawing underneath the car? It looks very interesting....

Ian B.
  10. Nosports

Nosports Member

So now i got the doors and the hatches.

Next is the driveline.

So there is still a problem with the engine hatch

I need to build the opening, but there are about 1.5 mm high, so i just
    don't get it well working

Anyone have an idea ?? is it enough if the openings are only drawed at ?

11. mick

mick Member

looks good :D only the boot at the back is a bit more squarer. it doesn't angle down like that
  12. Nosports

Nosports Member

So now the driveline has been fitted to the BIW.

You may have to set the model atop a mirror, so that the diveline is visible :)
  13. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

wow! :shock: I would love to do something like this. hmmm.........a 1966 baby blue mustang coupe, or perhaps a 65 red fast back.. :D Are you just building this all from scratch using pictures, or are you using a cad program or what? I may have to start gathering materials because I am liking what I see! Keep us posted. I can't wait to see some more pictures.
  14. silverw

silverw Member

This is great Nosports...

I award you the PPE ring!! (Professional Paper Engineer!)

Dustin..........I don't know how he does it , but I know he does it!!!

Checkout Nosport's(Chriess) models at ..........

15. Nosports

Nosports Member

Yes i'm using only pics :) but it works out a little.

I use a 2D CAD for this.

BTW :

You have some good and clear pics ot the underside of the Mustang, can you send them to me ??

To date the underside is roughly out of my imagination, especially the front ...... :-(
    From the backside i have some pis, and this setting is almost clear, but the front ....
  16. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

I dont' have any pics of the mustang right now. I have a few books that I still need to look through and then i'll use the internet. But, there here called Kansas City Classic Auto Display and mustangs usually turn up there. If one does, I'll stop by with the digital camera and take some pics. Maybe they'll even put it on the lift for me so I can see underneath :lol: They even had a Shelby Gt500 replica one time :twisted: I drooled all over myself until I got close enough to read the price tag that said "on sale - dropped from $139,000 to $125,000" at that point I just choked on my spit and stared for awhile.
  17. Jimi

Jimi Member

mustangs are not only cool, they rule! too bad, if i only had money, i would have bought the Mach5 mustang rusting away near my high school. when i was in first year high school, the damage to the car wasnt so much. unfortunately, 9 years later, it's hopeless. :(

The "Mad Max" car was rad. Much better than a camaro on steroids. :D the fun thing with the car in the movie is when the supercharger is switched on! the whistling sound just blows me away.. :)
  18. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

19. SzubiRubi

SzubiRubi New Member

20. angevine

angevine Member

Sorry if this is a repeat question that keeps popping up but how do I see all these nice pics that people keep going on about?

I am logged in but all I see is the posts that you have all entered.

What am I doing wrong?

Please Help!