1. Ladies & gentlemen, I would like to announce that there is a new photo gallery section. You can create your own personal photo gallery (to include setting up your own albums). You can even post videos. You can also post and share photos in the galleries of others (if that person allows such), as well . ENJOY!!!

Uniquely shaped toothpicks

Discussion in 'Tips, Tutorials & Tools' started by MapleLeaf, Mar 6, 2009.

1. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf Member

Here is something I found in the grocery store lately. The shape of the toothpicks seem like they may be suited to scratch building to be used as ??????????

Attached Files:

2. ltla9000311

ltla9000311 Member

Hey cool! Those could be used in a landing gear/hydraulic cylinder capacity! Or a fence post/staircase railing! I'll have to look for them!
  3. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Yeah, I bought a toothpick dispenser last year sometime and a packet of those came with it. Neat looking toothpicks. :)
  4. silveroxide

silveroxide Moderator

Put them in a dremel and thin them out a little and you have belay pins for shipbuilders.
  5. PModel Rookie

PModel Rookie Member

It looks familiar....oh,I found it in some shop not far from my house.Bought it last year in large quantity.It is really cheap(just 1 Ringgit and 99 cents at the super 1.99 store for 10 cases of those).Very convenient when used in modelling(the end is look like a missile fin so I used them as missiles attached below my models...not sure if it is a good idea).
  6. Patron_zero

Patron_zero Member

Super-sized !

I also find picking up chopsticks from Asian-Oriental restaurants a good habit to develop, I have several different styles, lengths and diameters in my bits box, a few have a similar detailing to the toothpicks in this thread.
  7. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

I like the toothpicks. They can be used for so many things. I also keep a bag of bamboo skewers on hand as well. They make great framework or when you need a dowel that is of small diameter for piping or other such.
  8. PlutoniumBoss

PlutoniumBoss Member

One benefit to these textured toothpicks is that they seem to be just slightly more robust than other toothpicks.