Union Pacific BIG BOY 4-8-8-4 1/48 Scale

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by kooklik, Feb 20, 2008.

1. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

i not have a word to say about your work

how u make its too look that shine and nice 3d model
  2. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi Yaniv
    For the render. I created 2 rectangular lights. Place them in differrent angle. And render in 10X antialiasing mode.
  3. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Wow! Just . . . wow! :shock:

I'm going to have to buy and build this for an old engineer I know. He never drove a big Boy, but he is fond of the design and he actually did drive a few steam engines in his day. :)
  4. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi Millennium
    Oh really!! Build this to bring his days return. He must be happy to see the great steam engine in 1.3m of paper model.
    Best Regards
  5. kooklik

kooklik Member

Tender's ladders
  6. Kooklik, your card modelling is outstanding, but I've got to tell you, as someone who who works in Rhino on a regular basis, your digital modelling is absolutely incredible as well!
  7. kooklik

kooklik Member

Thank you Colton
    The model looks so complecated. But it is drawn by simple commands in Rhino.
    Best Regards
  8. 57townsman

57townsman Member

Simple commands, maybe. A lot of practice, definitely! Absolutely brilliant work, Kooklik!:thumb: You can add me to your list of customers.:mrgreen:

9. kooklik

kooklik Member

Thank you SteveK. It has been more than a week I have not updated the thread. Anyway I'm working on Bigboy 3D drawing. Tender truck brake linking is very very complecated to understand how it works. With helping of supported photos from Willygoat I finished this section and all Tender's chassis.
  10. cauesousa6

cauesousa6 New Member

kooklik after you build this model you will sell in your website (please,please,please,please,please,please,please,:mrgreen:)
    its amazing
  11. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi there
    There's some design mistake about the ladders. I corrected as the picture. On the top there are 3 water filling holes with covers.

Thanks for your words. I'll release this as commercial but it's still so far. Hope you can wait.
  12. redhorse

redhorse Member

Kooklik, I'm always amazed when I check in on this thread.

I'm wondering how long it took you to learn Rhino? I'm debating buying the program after I've seen what you've been able to do with it and found it at a discount if I sign up for a class. I probably won't ever get to this skill level, but I'd still like to design some things...

I'm looking forward to placing my order!
  13. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi Jim
    Thank you for your kind words. I started paper model design with Rhino. I always use simple commands ,Line Circle Trim Fillet ect those are very basic commands in other CAD program.
    Best Regards

Small addition on teder roof
  14. kooklik

kooklik Member

Added tool box (the box beside the coal tank). Turn on the engine layers to check alighment.
  15. kooklik

kooklik Member

Pattern making
    I finished surface modeling job yesterday. And start pattern making job. Rivet making is same way as U-Boat's rivet.
    Best Regards
  16. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Kooklik, may I ask how do you use Rhino to render an image like the one you just posted...?
  17. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi Lex
    It's simple.
    1. Select view port which you want to printout.
    2. Set it to "Shaded" (see picture 1)
    Printing Viewport.jpg
    3. Printout to "Image File" (see picture 2).
    Printing Viewport2.jpg

Enjoy printing. :D

18. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

That's quite new to me, Thanks for the tip kooklik!!!
  19. kooklik

kooklik Member

Finished tender 3D modelling.
    Tender-58.jpg Tender-54.jpg
  20. Sarge_7

Sarge_7 Member

HOLY COW!!!! I'm speachless:thumb::thumb::mrgreen: