Union Pacific BIG BOY 4-8-8-4 1/25 Scale (Engine)

MAC99

Is it possible for to to put a 1" and 20 cm line on the pages for for us that have to print on different size paper. for the U Boat i am using 8 1/5 by 11 54lb and 11 by 14 for the 1 mm thick board. are the box withe the same and all the pages, I could check this measurement as verification of scale.

I heat to get you back to the u boat at this late date but we will also need some thing on the pages of 4-8-8-4 when it is released

You are doing supper work keep it up.

MAC

hmas

Mac99 AFAIR the design is for A4 paper & will print correctly to scale.
Re the scales, a poll in the predesign stages produced a result for 1/25 scale, & there it has stayed.
Tony

kooklik

Is it possible for to to put a 1" and 20 cm line on the pages for for us that have to print on different size paper. for the U Boat i am using 8 1/5 by 11 54lb and 11 by 14 for the 1 mm thick board. are the box withe the same and all the pages, I could check this measurement as verification of scale.

I heat to get you back to the u boat at this late date but we will also need some thing on the pages of 4-8-8-4 when it is released

You are doing supper work keep it up.

MAC

Hello Mac
Good idea to add scale line to left and right of the page. I made a sample. Hope that would be helpful for rescaling ?
Cheers
----kooklik----
Engine-253.jpg

MAC99

Thank you very much this will help me with scale on the u boat.

building and waiting for your next project !!

MAC

MAC99

I am building in the same scale that you offered it to us.

I do half to print on larger paper so when printed and the box also measures correctly. We all have a winner!! At least Ithink I will find a conversion to fit.....

MAC

I am appreciating all the help Ive bee receiving forum

thegreek270

Hello kooklik,

amazing work you do there, can't wait to build that modell.

when do you think it will be availiable ?

Keep up the good work.

Merry Christmas

kooklik

Hello kooklik,

amazing work you do there, can't wait to build that modell.

when do you think it will be availiable ?

Keep up the good work.

Merry Christmas

Hello thegreek270 and Merry Christmas
Thanks for your kind words. I think it takes 2 years from now to release. I'm designing the back engine. It's not ready to be unrolled yet.
----kooklik----

kooklik

Hello again
The back engine design is mostly complete. Ash tray is rather complexed and took much time. I couldn't see from out side pictures and the drawing was rather difficult to understand.
----kooklik----
BackEngine-06.jpg

kooklik

Hello again :)
Still keeping on the design. Now I am detailing in pipe work. Start from water feeding system. The right back area is feed water heater. It took much time to find out the drawings. And less reference pictures caused me confused on drawings reading.
Last 2 weeks I visited Denver on business. I stayed not much far from the Forney Museum where a survived Big Boy 4005 is displayed. Unfortunately it was too short period of trip , no enough time to visit. Hope I won't miss to see there for the next trip.

----kooklik----
BackEngine-08.jpg

O

oklacnw

uP 4-8-8-4

Kooklik- that is going to be one beautiful model! Reaaly enjoy following your work on this.

Al

kooklik

Hello oklacnw and all
Thanks for viewing.
Today I added the feed water pipes under the ash trays. I design to used 3.0 and 3.5 mm of wire for those pipes.
Now I'm doing on grease piping of the trailed truck's bearings. The wire size is 0.5 mm.
----kooklik----
BackEngine-11.jpg

kooklik

Hello all
Thanks for all viewings :)
A few months I spent my time on 3D design. Recently I'd unrolled the frame bed of back engine. Together I tried to cut by a laser cut machine. I've found a laser cut shop not far from my place. The machine owner who designed , built and program this machine helped me a lot to cut the big boy's parts.
I asked him to calibrated his machine to match the paper model requirement precision. It was not perfect calibrated but enough for 1:25 scale of models.
This is the test page of laser cutting. The precision is good enough.
----kooklik----

BackEngine-017.JPG

BackEngine-018.JPG

kooklik

Hello
thanks for all kind words. Today I've finished all wheels. I painted metalic surface instead of using the silver sheet at the front engine.

BackEngine-019.JPG

BackEngine-020.JPG