Union Pacific BIG BOY 4-8-8-4 1/25 Scale (Engine)

kooklik

Oct 29, 2006
Khonkaen , Thailand
Hello there
The hand rails were completed. I bent 1.2 mm along to the template. All pieces were bonded by cyanoacrylic glue. The paper joints make the rail stronger.
----kooklik----

Engine-224.JPG
Engine-225.JPG

Ronson2k3

Apr 2, 2008
London, ON, Canada
Looking spectacular.

Yep I'm back.. Been away for a long time. Wanted to see how things are coming along on your big boy and get caught up on other threads as well.

Nice to see your progressing nicely. It's been a pretty long go so far. You are quite dedicated and have much stamina :) I love the metal work and the lamps great job.

Cheers
Ron

kooklik

Oct 29, 2006
Khonkaen , Thailand
Hello Ronson2k3
Thanks for your following and many posts to my model. After 11 months for this section. It was much complex section than the tender. The completion of the front engine made me more confidence to do the other sections. But I need time to complete the instruction before the back engine.
----kooklik-----

Engine-231.jpg

Engine-232.JPG

astralwanderer

Oct 12, 2007
kooklik, again I am amazed by your attention to detail. I can't wait till this kit is available. Keep up the excellent work.

kooklik

Oct 29, 2006
Khonkaen , Thailand
Hello astralwanderer and rocketmonkey

Thanks for your kind words. :)
The model building of this section has been done. I will miss my knife for several months. I'm working with the assembly instruction now. The ton of parts like this model needs carefully proof checking. Now Michael is doing this job from page to page. I've finished the page 4 yesterday.
Cheers
----kooklik----
Engine-233.jpg

chooch.42

Jan 23, 2007
Gibsonia, Pa.
Hello, again, Kooklik ! The choo-choo guy - still following and still marveling at your meticulous masterpiece ! Thanks for amazing us with what is possible with an abundance of thoughtful and thorough design work, and dedication to careful construction. Such a project - from concept through design and compilation to actual construction - is likely more than most of us would even attempt, on so large and complicated a model. Again, I salute you for your industry and craftsmanship. Bob C.

kooklik

Oct 29, 2006
Khonkaen , Thailand
Hello all
I miss thread as much as missing my model building desk.
Long time no any posts here. I'm still working on the instruction and debug errors those found during the test build.
Still only a half way I have some instruction pages to display.

Engine-233.jpg
Engine-237.jpg
Engine-238.jpg
Engine-239.jpg

kooklik

Oct 29, 2006
Khonkaen , Thailand
Page 11 and 12
More parts more rendering time. I have to unselect some background parts for shorter rendering time. Some pictures I left my computer to do rendering for overnight. :)

Attachments

• Engine-243.jpg
    Engine-243.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 64
  • Engine-244.jpg
    Engine-244.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 57