Union Pacific BIG BOY 4-8-8-4 1/25 Scale (Engine)

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by kooklik, Sep 2, 2009.

1. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hello Tlapinski
    Thanks for your following on my work and your patiently waiting. I'll put the finest of my abilities to this model.
  2. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hello there
    The hand rails were completed. I bent 1.2 mm along to the template. All pieces were bonded by cyanoacrylic glue. The paper joints make the rail stronger.

3. kooklik

kooklik Member

Front Stairs

4. Padre

Padre Member

This is an outstanding piece of work and design!:thumb: Far beyond anything I can do. wall1
  5. kooklik

kooklik Member

:) thank you Padre
    Today I finished the brake cylinders.

6. Ronson2k3

Ronson2k3 Member

Looking spectacular.

Yep I'm back.. Been away for a long time. Wanted to see how things are coming along on your big boy and get caught up on other threads as well.

Nice to see your progressing nicely. It's been a pretty long go so far. You are quite dedicated and have much stamina :) I love the metal work and the lamps great job.

7. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hello Ronson2k3
    Thanks for your following and many posts to my model. After 11 months for this section. It was much complex section than the tender. The completion of the front engine made me more confidence to do the other sections. But I need time to complete the instruction before the back engine.

8. astralwanderer

astralwanderer New Member

kooklik, again I am amazed by your attention to detail. I can't wait till this kit is available. Keep up the excellent work.
  9. rocketmonkey

rocketmonkey New Member

That's some awesome modelling, chief! Looking forward to seeing the finished article! Respek
  10. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hello astralwanderer and rocketmonkey

Thanks for your kind words. :)
    The model building of this section has been done. I will miss my knife for several months. I'm working with the assembly instruction now. The ton of parts like this model needs carefully proof checking. Now Michael is doing this job from page to page. I've finished the page 4 yesterday.
  11. oklacnw

oklacnw Guest

Gulp! it will be more than awsome!
  12. Ronson2k3

Ronson2k3 Member

Just out of curiosity how many pages do you have for the various sections you have completed? Or how many pages of instructions for the whole engine have you done so far?
  13. kooklik

kooklik Member

Front Engine Section
    Parts: 49 pages
    Instruction: 4 pages have done , 11-15 pages (estimated)

Tender Section
    Parts: 54 pages
    Instruction: 12 pages

Page Size: A4
  14. 4x4paper

4x4paper Member

The instruction look as good as the model:mrgreen:
  15. chooch.42

chooch.42 Member

Hello, again, Kooklik ! The choo-choo guy - still following and still marveling at your meticulous masterpiece ! Thanks for amazing us with what is possible with an abundance of thoughtful and thorough design work, and dedication to careful construction. Such a project - from concept through design and compilation to actual construction - is likely more than most of us would even attempt, on so large and complicated a model. Again, I salute you for your industry and craftsmanship. Bob C.
  16. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hello all
    I miss thread as much as missing my model building desk.
    Long time no any posts here. I'm still working on the instruction and debug errors those found during the test build.
    Still only a half way I have some instruction pages to display.

17. 4x4paper

4x4paper Member

Very good very very good
  18. Ronson2k3

Ronson2k3 Member

Impressive as always. Slow and steady wins the race man...
  19. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hello all
    The page 8 have been finished today. Running slow but never stops. :)
  20. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hello all
    Update new page 9 and 10.