Union Pacific BIG BOY 4-8-8-4 1/25 Scale (Engine)

moonracer

Hi kooklik

great stuff as usual.
Keep us sharing your spirit of this giant horse.
My testbuilding works great. Wheels are nearly ready and the next step in building will starting soon!:thumb:

Cheers Michael:wave:

kooklik

Hi kooklik

great stuff as usual.
Keep us sharing your spirit of this giant horse.
My testbuilding works great. Wheels are nearly ready and the next step in building will starting soon!:thumb:

Cheers Michael:wave:

Thanks Michael , I wait to see your tender wheels in new version.
Best Regards
----kooklik----

E

ekuth

My god, man... this is incredible! :eek:

Your work is so incredibly clean. I'm jealous.

And the size.... that's gonna be one BIG engine.

kooklik

Hello ekuth
Thanks for your nice words. Yes this model is Big as its name. The part quantity is a big volume too. Before I get to next step I have to arrange the parts I've cut and built to the pages with numbers. Sametime give the same number to the same part in 3D model too.
Now I'm adding details to the elbow joint of the main steam pipe above the cylinder. This joint moves a little bit when the train is on curve rail.
Engine-39.jpg

Ronson2k3

Amazing stuff.. Simply amazing. I'm glad your tackling the uh 'hard stuff' first. Having really no idea when it will get easier.. hehe.

I've been watching this build ever since Noah docked his boat; I think this has to be regarded as one of the most ambitious paper designs ever. I once thought the U-Boat was the schizzle, but this makes the U-Boat pale in comparison.

Have you decided whether you will commission someone to laser cut the parts? I really don't care about the cost.

You could take pre-orders and make it a limited edition kit.

cauesousa6

jawdropjawdropjawdrop amazing job, i cant find the words, so much detail in this model.
the only thing i can say is: I want one:mrgreen: keep the stunning work, i can barely wait to see the model finished

sorry for my bad English:roll:

kooklik

Hello cauesousa6 and cdavenport
Thanks you. This kit will be contained with many of cardboard parts. There is someone already gave me a notice to do the laser cutting.
It would be very faster way for the modelers. I am thinking to release in the pre-cut version too. But still so far from now. The tender is now in beta testing step. There are still many many errors waiting for debugging. After the debugging has been done well , I'll ask him to try the laser cut.

Driving Box:
Yesterday I tried the driving box for front , intermediate and main wheels. But it can't be applied to the back drive wheels. When I inserted to the back wheel slot it touched with the frame. I checked with the UP's drawings , the back driving box of the back wheels was differrent(smaller) from others.

Cheers
----kooklik----

Engine-41.JPG

Engine-42.JPG

astralwanderer

kooklik you are awesome this build is truely awe inspiring. I can't wait till this becomes available to build. Also I would like to know where to go to purchase your Uboat. Keep up the excellent work

kooklik

Thank you 4x4paper

Today I have new parts to show. The drive wheel box and its centering unit. The coil spring was made of 1.2 mm copper wire. Coiled on 3.6 mm shaft.

Engine-43.jpg

Engine-44.jpg

Engine-45.jpg

kooklik

kooklik you are awesome this build is truely awe inspiring. I can't wait till this becomes available to build. Also I would like to know where to go to purchase your Uboat. Keep up the excellent work

Thank you for your post to my works. I've replied at your PM.
Best Regards
----kooklik----

kooklik

Hello all
It has been long time not to update here. I started to build the suspension unit. This unit is not leaf spring like other wheels because there are sliding units above it , so leaf spring cannot be placed here.

Engine-51.jpg

Engine-48.jpg

Engine-49.jpg

Engine-50.jpg

Bagasse

I have been trying to find card stock made from bagasse in the United States. No luck. I can find paper plates and cups.

Does your bagasse come as a flat sheet? What thickness? Do you have an internet source?

Thank you for your trouble. Looking forward to the finish and release of the Big Boy!