undies on the clothes line

Woodie

I've just built the Station Master's house for Garahbara, and I've put the Mrs out the back doing the washing..... (yeah, I know, the Station Master's a chauvinist). I've built the clothes line, but want to hang some clothes on it. Any ideas on how to whip up a cuppla shirts, skirts, undies and bras in HO scale? :cool:

billk

Woody - Could you just undress some of your people? Seriously, I think that if you could get some real thin material and cut it into the shapes you want, then soak in a highly diluted glue mixture, that might work. Don't remember if I read that some place or just made it up.
Bill K
PS. You might want to add a little India ink to the glue mixture to simulate the laundry getting covered by smoke from the bush fires.

Bill Pontin

Woodie, If I had to make the clothes I would use any of the wood carpenters glue. On a piece of clean glass, draw out the article of clothing with the glue using a small brush. Experiment with the thickness and you will see when it dries that it can be peeled of the glass and painted.

Bill P:rolleyes:

Woodie

undies & bras

Well, I had an attempt using flat paper towelling. Cut out the shape with hobby knife, and used water based colouring pens to "soak" the colour through. Only done bedsheets and towels so far. hmmmmm.... I don't have any bras in the house to use as a prototype.... or frilly knickers! They came out OK and I'll post a pic when I can next borrow a friends digital camera. Ain't taken any pics of Garahbara for a while.

BDC

Woodie-
No lace "unmentionables" around the house?:( Well, I suppose this means you can go to the nearest lingerie shop to "closely study the prototypes.";)

Walt Gillespie

If you have access to a photo copier that can reduce just copy pages out of some of the Sunday flyers from stores like Target and Sears. Cut them out a wala instant undies! :p

Hey Billk,
Didn't you know? ... Bra's are extremely tecnical devices!! Miniaturising them just has to be even more technical.

:) :) :p

Woodie - Scan a couple of Preiser figures. This will give you actual size of the models. Then use Walt's idea and scale them down in a graphics program to suit the size of the scanned figures. Use a new blade when cutting around the bra straps (they don't work without straps :) ).
Just don't get technical on me about how to make the cups look authentic in 3D !!! and NO they don't have to be the same colour as your favourite road!!

(Another problem solved) !!:D

Errol

kf4jqd

Clothes line pictures

All I have to say is. I want see some pictures of Woodies clothes line! Maybe Walthers will buy Woodies idea! :eek:

Andy

Tyson Rayles

This is my 1st look into this forum. Thought it would be to dry and boring. Undies, bras, lingerie??????????? Hmmmmmmmm, may have to check in here more often:D

Woodie

Washing Day

Washing day at the Station Master's House. A couple of shirts, sheets and towels, but alas, no undies. I wonder what he wears???

Attachments

• s315housewashing.jpg
    s315housewashing.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 158
Woodie, that "washing day" photo is so realistic, the clothes even look wet or damp.
I had to check out the trees to see if it was your layout or the real thing. Did Fosters XXXX have anything to do with your talent? (chuckling here).
In fact the whole layout looks great. Great work, keep the pics acoming.
Errol

Walt Gillespie

"Looks Marvalous"

Hey Woodie, that shot looks great. I like the way you did the cut. Most of us probably would have rolled the ground down to the rails area. It does look realistic, truck backed in an all. Just no "un-mentionables" on the line and that's what prompted this post in the first place. Maybe they are coming out in the second load!:eek:

Walt in Indy