Under Table Switch Machine, Atlas ????

ozzy

Jun 24, 2006
milton iowa
ok, have anyone used these? are they more of a headache then there worth? at 10.49 ea, that would rack up the dollars for as many swithes im planning, but i dont want to see the black switch box that sits on top of the table.

is there other brands thats work good but dont cost as much?

i decided on atlas code 80 track.

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Hi,

I use ONLY under-mounted coil switch machines and probably have upwards of 25-30 installed now. I haven't checked lately, but I picked up a bunch on eBay a while back. Average cost $2.50 - $3.00 a piece. Not bad. These are good name brand machines: Kemtron, MJ's and such, and all (but one) in perfect working order. Check it out.

Good luck!!!

EngineerKyle

Oct 3, 2005
Troy MI
I use them quite a bit... more like 5 or 6 bucks for new ones if you order online. They are also handy because the above the table type can present clearance issues. I like them.

ozzy

Jun 24, 2006
milton iowa
EngineerKyle said:
I use them quite a bit... more like 5 or 6 bucks for new ones if you order online. They are also handy because the above the table type can present clearance issues. I like them.

where are you getting them online? 10.49 is the cheapest i seen them online.

ozzy

Jun 24, 2006
milton iowa
wholesaletrains.com is where i shop most times, and there 10.49 for atlas, did not see any other brands, i looked at discounttrains.com, and its 12.99 there, so i guess they went up......lol

EngineerKyle

Oct 3, 2005
Troy MI
You know Ozzy,

There is a Under the Table Switch Machine and a Deluxe Under the Table Switch Machine. I do not buy the "deluxe" version. I just looked into both those sites and couldn't even find an under the table machine. Also, I am in HO not N, although I think it is the same for either scale.

I checked in the Atlas website and they've got them (item ATL0065) for 8.25 and the deluxe (item ATL0066) for 15.50

ozzy

Jun 24, 2006
milton iowa
i must of been looking at the deluxe then, there was only one on wholesaletrains.com, but it never said anything about deluxe tho.

umtrr-author

Dec 19, 2003
Visit site
Since this is an N Scale board let me point out that the Atlas undertable switch machines of which I am aware are based on the HO design, not the N Scale one. They are therefore relatively large with respect to the track. Something to be aware of if you need to mount these close to each other.

I have used them once in construction of an HO layout many years ago and they worked fine, but be sure to adjust them precisely to ensure that they throw correctly in both directions. They are more finicky than the surface mount types.

ozzy

Jun 24, 2006
milton iowa
ok, is there any kind of atlas switch that the switch machine WILL NOT work with? hate to order stuff that will not work togeather.