Undecorated locomotives

n-scaler-dude

Nov 22, 2002
Lebanon, MO
Visit site
Since it's proving to be an impossible task to find steam locomotives with the road name I'm looking for (Frisco), I guess it's up to me to create them from undecorated units.

Question is, where is the best place to find decals for these hard-to-find roadnames. I'm looking specifically for n-gauge.

jdh

Jan 3, 2003
Visit site
and to follow up....

if you need to have something created, i use RAIL GRAPHICS.

he has created common sheets for steam era rolling stock and locomotives as well as custom logo design.

all of my home road <possm flats, the road kill line> decals were created by ron roberts of rail graphics.

his phone: 847-742-5404
web: http://www.railgraphicsdecals.com/

i looked at three custom decal places before deciding upon rail graphics. one place did not return my call, the other one did not have as crisp printing as i needed [this was for n-scale, they would have been ok for larger scales].

ron had to start with my idea of a logo, he did all of the rest.
and - it was perfect. he is an expert, he knows what you can do in the most economical method.

rail graphics was the winner by a country mile.

note// i have no affiliation with rail graphics other than being a satisfied customer.//

so go visit their web site and see for yourself.

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
Any pics, jdh ? I was thinking about using Rail Graphics as well in the near future. WHen I do decals myself on my inkjet printer, they turn out "okay", but I think they could probably do a really good job if I wanted to do some fictional LO's.

jdh

Jan 3, 2003
Visit site
my digital camera can't do the decals justice.
the rail graphics web site has good examples.

my home road paint scheme is patterned after the B&O express service box cars. i am using ivory over green instead of silver over blue.

if i can get a decent picture, i will post it.