undecorated, climax Worth the $$ ?

UPJunkie

MDC (Roundhouse) powered Battle Mountain undecorated, climax steam locomoitve with kadee couplers

I got it for $41.00

Is this worth the $41.00 :confused:

f3_1.JPG

TrainClown

Good Kit!

I payed $40 for mine and it was still in kit form with no kadee couplers. I put it together and I am happy with the way it runs. I read somewhere that it was a noisy thing, but after running on a loop for about an hour it smoothed right out. I greased her good with white grease too.

I'm real happy to get this kit as I find they are hard to find. And it gives me a good refforance for building my own Climax from scratch.

TrainClown

Attachments

• climax.jpg
    climax.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 122

UPJunkie

ok kewl

Not sure how old this is but it will go great with my layout. Now to get 2 shays, 10 log cars, about 1,500 trees i will be set :D :D :p

i showed my wife this and she said How much you pay for this well besides THE LOOK that she gave me she dont like it but of course after i get my layout done she will be in there running this hehe

shamus

Registered Member
Hiya,
That MDC climax when its run in will pull 10 log cars up a 5% grade without getting out of breath LOL
They are good machines, I made a new body for mine, as I didn't quite like the look of the MDC one. Here's a photo of it.
Shamus

Attachments

• clima.jpg
    clima.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 138

Vic

Sounds like you got a good deal. I've been looking for one to build an ON30 project from.