Undec bodyshells, stupid question.

moria

Nov 4, 2004
Toronto
Greetings all :)

okay.. stupid question for the day...

It seems to me that if you buy an Undec bodyshell, it means you will be painting it.

Therefore, why does the manufacturer STICK the window glazing in with liquid cement around every edge of the clear plastic welding it to the bodyshell, meaning you have to break the clear plastic to get it out, and hope that you can re-order the parts....

Is this normal (which to me seems really stupid) or was I unlucky with this loco/manufacturer?

Since this BLI SW7 is my first HO loco and undec at that, I have no idea if this is normal.

Back in the good old UK, this would almost qualify the purchase as unfit for expected application (ie you would expect to paint an undec) and therefore warrant a refund if required.

As it happens, I can probably replace the clear plastic one way or another, but it is a little frustrating.

Regards

F

Fred_M

The P2K FA-2s I ordered were the same way. I was told to tape them. Silly ain't it? It's like the unskilled labor who put them together can't think and the bosses don't care? Fred

CalFlash

Oct 31, 2004
central Florida
I think it's a offshot of the RTR trend. Everything is assembled, painted or not. I've had the same problems and in some cases broke parts trying to get them apart.