uncoupling problem

Collyn

Aug 18, 2006
Canon City CO
www.rankinrevolutions.com
today I was trying to run about 13 cars. Four of the cars are knuckel couplers, shorter passenger cars. Two are transition cars the rest are rapido. I was trying to see how many cars my mikado could pull but the fourth car with knuckel couplers keep uncoupling. At first I thought because it was the last car it was uncoupling because of no weight behind it. So then I added the other transition car behind the 4th knuckel car and two more box cars behind that. That did not help. Last I just ran the passenger cars and the same thing happened. Why is just the one car's coupler in this new set not working. It is an althern set and all the couplers are at the same height.

Shooter

Aug 11, 2006
home.att.net
First, how long of a car is this, and does it have truck or body mounted couplers?

Is there a magnet or something nearby that might cause a magnetic uncoupler to unlatch?

Does it uncouple from every car, or has it uncoupled from the same car so far?

What about your track, does it dip or raise where the uncoupling occurs? Does the wheelset pick on something in the track (like a point) that makes the car raise/lower?

Does this occur on straight track, or a curve, or through an S-curve, or a turnout?

Try different combinations and speeds, and narrow down exactly when it happens, as this will be the best way you can figure this out and fix it.

---jps