unansweredable questions

brakie

My late wife was my worst critic..With her comments and opinions I ended up having the best looking layout that I ever built. She finally took over building the buildings and super detailing them.Some times we should listen to what a non modeler has to say and perhaps your wife will join the ranks of modelers like mine did.Just a passing thought.

John Sneed

unanswerable questions

:rolleyes:
Dear Folks,
You are mostly husbands answering John's question. Someone hit the nail on the head when they said that medical people tend to be detail oriented. I feel my husband is a "big picture" type who often gets himself in a pickle by not planning ahead and brashly thinking he can solve all problems as they come along, when in actuality, he could have avoided the entire problem to start with. (Dangling preposition, sorry.)
He showed me his layout plans this spring and I distinctly recall an elevated something or other and a bridge/tunnel, and other neat stuff. Now that it is becoming real, it has almost totally changed. It took me by surprise. I just got the feeling that figuring out how to accomplish the original plan definitely took too much detail work.
Congrats to the newly weds. Wish them all happiness. Has the thought crossed your mind that your house railroad addition may become a nursery, or family room or something else when your wife needs that critical space in the future? Sounds like a detailed plan ahead to me!
Enjoyed all your replies. Glad to find there are so many accomodating mates.
Mrs. John Sneed
;)

Drew1125

Thanks for that perspective, Mrs. John Sneed!
It's really nice to hear from the feminine side, & I think it would be a real plus to have more of you as members here!

K.V.Div

My wife is very supportive of all my hobbies as long as she knows what I am up to.
Being an ex navy man of 21 years, she is aware of the sailor's reputation (and well deserved it is:D ) and is happy to have me around and not in the bar checking out the local wildlife as some of my ex navy wingers do:rolleyes:.
I support her intrests as well and, as a result, we have very few problems and can enjoy our hobbies as we see fit:cool:.

Terry

cidchase

I'm very pleased to say that my wife is overjoyed that I have something besides work to get interested in (oops, a real dangling preposition.) :D :D I'm with Terry, she likes to know what I'm up to!! She visits the shows with me and helps out with buildings and scenery. Her "reading rocker" is in the corner of the train room.

She also has other interests which do not involve me, but in which I'm glad :) to support her.

It doesn't hurt that we have a 2-yr old grandson who's "actively involved" in toy trains (wood framed 2-5-2 type.) :D :D

While we have our share of disagreements, none of them involve our hobbies. Those are for enjoyment and personal satisfaction.

I've go to add that I cannot envision my sweetie airing her perceived shortcomings of my personal temperament to my friends and rail acquaintances. That would certainly be one way for her to get something "elevated!!" :confused: :eek: I guess we are all entitled to our opinion! In bad moments, she's taken to saying, "Well, at least there's you!" I can't tell if that's a compliment!!

John, I did mucho planning on my little layout, including drawings, buildings, auto road locations, parts list, electrical diagrams, etc. It's changed a lot in the actual execution, even though much of it is still in the roadbed stage. However, I refuse to feel any inadequacy while making those changes, whether or not they could have been foreseen. :D

So POR, John Sneed!!! Your patience is a credit to your gender!!
:D :D
From Olive Branch,